What does the organizational chart of Quoras look like
Quora launches German version
The knowledge platform Quora is now also available in German. After a beta phase of several weeks, the German version has been freely accessible since Tuesday. Quora is based on the question-and-answer principle. Based on your own usage behavior and the ratings of other users, questions on specific topics and the answers to them are displayed. Registered users can write questions and answers themselves or search the platform.
"Our focus is on quality," emphasized company boss Adam D'Angelo at the presentation of the German version on Tuesday in Berlin. In contrast to the Internet search engine Google, he said: "Its mission is to organize the world's information. Quora wants to bring more knowledge to the Internet." Knowledge is linked to language, which is why the company has to grow here. "Over 200 million people in the world speak German. It is an important language for us."
The variety of topics on Quora is colorful: nutrition, education, history, philosophy, everyday life and much more. You can ask what you want, stressed D'Angelo. Quora then displays the questions to users who the platform believes have knowledge of the field. To do this, Quora analyzes, among other things, user interests as well as data such as place of residence or a university degree in a subject. Answers to a question are sorted based on the quality of the authors and user feedback.
The English-language version of the Californian company, which was launched seven years ago, now has more than 200 million users a month, according to the company. Well-known politicians such as former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are also active on Quora.
At the start in the German-speaking market, D'Angelo said: We want to offer quality and gain trust. He did not name specific growth targets. Quora has been in Spanish since last year, and French and Italian versions were added in spring 2017. The individual Quora platforms are not linked to one another. There are considerations to integrate them better for multilingual users.
Looking at other German-language question-and-answer portals such as Gutefrage.net, Kerstin Ewelt, who looks after the German Quora platform, said: There is no competition, both have their place on the market. "We have content at a deeper level," she said. Ewelt emphasized the real name rule that set Quora apart from others. (dpa / ib)
- If 120x 5 115 what is x
- What is the new forex trading tool
- Why is sex disgusting
- Disappearance of smartphones
- Is Chrome accelerated for Android hardware
- Where did ancient Greece go
- What are some amazing vegetarian recipes
- Why was the Doolittle Raid revenge
- How do you ask BIG questions
- How to plant aconite
- How can I overcome a recession
- What are the test environments in Agile
- BTS has to register this year
- Why does beta thalassemia cause microcytosis?
- What are the benefits of night lights
- Is the People's Republic of China communist
- Prokaryotic cells have crystals
- How many types of crankshafts
- What is a format
- What are the stereotypes of Busan people
- Universities accept online students
- What are some translation software
- Where can I buy inexpensive radiology books
- Where is Islam compulsory