Which leads to people being boneless
What to do with osteoporosis
Are you diagnosed with bone loss? The good news: you don't need to despair. Osteoporosis can be cured in the early stages. And there are many ways of at least slowing down or stopping further bone loss. However, you will have to change a few things in your lifestyle, i.e. your eating habits and also your physical activity.
Nutrition: It is important that you eat a healthy diet. First of all, this includes a diet rich in calcium and vitamin D. Calcium is mainly found in dairy products, but also in many vegetables and nuts. Vitamin D can be found in meat, fish and liver, but also in mushrooms. For our body to be able to produce vitamin D, however, it needs sunlight; That means at least ten minutes outside every day in daylight, preferably at noon in winter!
Eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins. Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine should be avoided, sugar and salt, fat and phosphate (contained in sausage, processed cheese or cola) should be reduced as much as possible, as should oxalic acid (found in rhubarb, spinach or chocolate). Make sure you have a balanced acid-base ratio - by the way, this is not only good for your bones, but also for your whole body!
Move: In particular, weight training (e.g. with dumbbells or equipment) or sports that stimulate the formation of muscle mass or stimulate bone metabolism directly through impact forces are suitable for building up bone mass. This also includes many ball sports, such as soccer, tennis, volleyball, etc.
Leave the elevator on the left and take the stairs! Ride your bike to work. Get on tiptoe a few times while you line up at the checkout. According to the motto: Always keep moving!
If the bones are already weakened by osteoporosis, however, sports that only exert slight compressive and tensile forces on the bones are more suitable, for example hiking in easy terrain or cycling. It is best to get advice from your doctor or physiotherapist.
Don't forget the fun factor! Because sticking to it is essential.
Medication: Depending on the severity of the bone loss, your doctor will prescribe different medications for you. First of all, it is important to maintain your calcium and vitamin D balance, which is usually a combination nowadays. Various active ingredients from acetylsalicylic acid to morphine help with pain. So-called biphosphonates have proven effective against advanced bone loss.
Step by step
Your doctor will work out a step-by-step plan with you. It is important that you tell him what other medication you are taking, because sometimes there are intolerances here, for example with sleeping pills, antihypertensive drugs or psychotropic drugs.
- Why do Java programmers hate pointers
- Why are game design books so boring?
- How to Attend Pune Quora Meetups
- Who is the least powerful avenger?
- Rome and Romania are the same
- How can grace be earned
- Remove characters from the text
- What is the shape of potato chips
- What do you value most about your work?
- What is analog electronics
- Whatever happened to Bruce Seldon
- How does NASA communicate with New Horizons
- Are acidic oxidizing agents or reducing agents
- Is Amazon Prime expensive
- How do multiple light switches work
- What is 76 out of 90
- Can someone identify this baby
- How big is the current
- Will AC DC ever tour again
- Can we cook without oil
- When should you change your major?
- How does turmeric cause acid reflux
- Who was Pietro Guglielmo di Luserna
- What do people chase from being famous?