Brazil will attack Venezuela
Venezuela : Maduro rejects deadline set by Europe for elections
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro has rejected a deadline set by Europe for free and fair elections. “They have to withdraw this ultimatum. Nobody can give us an ultimatum, ”he said in an interview broadcast on Sunday by CNN Türk, according to the Turkish translation. “Venezuela is not tied to Europe. That's a cheek, ”said Maduro accordingly.
Berlin, Paris, Madrid and London had given the controversial head of state a deadline of eight days on Saturday to announce elections. Should Maduro refuse, the respective heads of state are ready to recognize Juan Guaidó as interim president. The Venezuelan Foreign Minister Jorge Arreaza had already rejected the ultimatum on Saturday.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has close ties with Maduro. He said he called his counterpart and declared his support after 35-year-old Guaidó declared himself interim president on Wednesday.
Maduro told CNN Türk that he felt "very motivated" despite the situation. In the name of democracy and freedom, his country is going through an "historic war". He blamed the US, which is "attacking" Venezuela, responsible for the situation. When asked about his plan for the future, Maduro said: "Lead and defend Venezuela".
The US National Security Advisor, John Bolton, warned in sharp words against violence against the opposition or US diplomats in Venezuela. Any form of violence or intimidation against US diplomats, the self-proclaimed interim president Guaidó or the opposition-dominated parliament would be a "serious attack on the rule of law" and would result in a "significant response" from Washington, Bolton wrote on Twitter on Sunday.
Bolton did not mention Maduro's name. However, the security advisor to US President Donald Trump stated in a linked tweet that the "support" of socialist Cuba for Maduro's security forces was well known.
Guaidó declared himself interim president on Wednesday. The USA recognized him immediately, Canada and several Latin American countries such as Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Colombia followed. Russia and China blocked a US-proposed declaration in support of Guaidó in the UN Security Council on Saturday. (dpa, AFP)
- How much does Oracle Responsys
- What are some addicting games
- What are the paranormal theories
- Which bike should I buy with 125cc?
- Why are animals not animals that are fascinated by technology
- What antibiotics are glycopeptides
- My crush is afraid of rejection
- What does old stamping place mean?
- What is the Feynman technique in detail
- Why can't there be good without evil
- Why do compressed videos look awful?
- What are growth and value stocks
- Where is the productivity in dynamically typed languages
- What is the Google Play Store 1
- Why don't we have autonomous cars yet?
- Is carob honey better than regular honey
- What is a photographic plate
- How influential was Black Sabbath on metal
- Can I change subjects in grade 12?
- How do cops treat Asians and blacks
- Facial scars can be removed
- What does and mean
- Why do living organisms die
- Was Empress Josephine Bonaparte of mixed race
- Where did ancient Greece go
- What email do Twitter employees use
- Excessive shooting while hunting is explicitly illegal
- What is the scope of robotics
- What ideas do you have for advertising
- What is your favorite restaurant in Gujarat
- How does an RBMK type reactor work
- What is the SMM
- What is the SMM