Are understandable Russian and Slovenian
The Slovenian language is the official language of the State of Slovenia. There are also some people who speak Slovenian in the neighboring countries of Hungary, Croatia, Italy and Austria, namely in the federal states of Styria and Carinthia. In total, there are a little over two million people. That is about as many as there are in Thuringia.
Slovenian is a Slavic language. For example, it is related to languages such as Russian, Polish or Czech. More precisely, it is a South Slavic language. Other South Slavic languages are, for example, Serbo-Croatian or Bulgarian. In the 20th century, attempts were made to make all South Slavic countries into one state. This state was called Yugoslavia, which means South Slavia. Slovenia was also part of it. Yugoslavia fell apart in the 1990s.
There is a special script for Slovenian. It is modified from the Latin alphabet so that everything can be written exactly as it sounds. There are also simplified letters, for example a č for our “tsch” in the word “klatschen” or a ž for the “sch” in the word “garage”.
What is special about the Slovenian language?
A peculiarity of Slovenian among the Slavic languages is that there are very many different dialects. Russians can always understand each other if they speak Russian. No matter where they come from in huge Russia. The Slovenian-speaking area, on the other hand, is very small, smaller than Switzerland. Nevertheless, Slovenes from different parts of the country often do not understand each other.
On the one hand, this is due to the fact that the entire Slovenian language area is very mountainous. It lies in the foothills of the Alps. The Slovenes have lived there since the 6th century. It used to be difficult to get from one valley to the next, and people had little contact with those in the neighboring valleys. That is why there was a slightly different language in each valley.
In addition, many of Slovenia's neighboring countries have languages that are not at all related to Slovenian. If Slovenian speakers then allow themselves to be influenced by Italian, Hungarian or German, other Slovenes cannot do anything with certain expressions.
Today communication is easier thanks to better transport options and media. A kind of simplified Slovene standard language develops. But some Slovenes don't like them. They say it should be more like Scripture.
There are also other search results for “Slovenian Language” from Blinde Kuh and Ask Finn.
- Is Angular worthy
- What is the Tachyon File System
- Nuremberg was a fake trial
- What is an example of beautiful coding
- What are practical examples of urban agriculture
- Will publish Avicii Stay With You
- What will happen to Pluto
- What is the cervix for?
- What is active noise suppression
- What are some treatments for chigger bites
- What is considered the Redneck Riviera
- Immortality is required for the exploration of the universe
- How would I thicken soup for breakfast
- How far is true astrology
- How do celebrities behave in hotels
- Dogs are bored
- What does CMMC mean for defense companies
- What does the dairy company A2
- Loves Wall Street Trump
- What is 4 divided by 1 4
- Travel computer hardware engineers
- How is imi Bhubaneshwar for PGDM
- Is there a series like Naruto
- What are the functions of the tongue
- Who is Lata Mangeshkar
- How can string theory be wrong
- Is it possible to hack a SIM?
- Who are the most notable Scientologists
- I am a reckless person
- Are MMA and UFC parts scripted
- What is Lindsey Graham's Health Bill
- How does quantum radar work
- What is the Hindi word for fat?
- Should I buy the RX 5700