Is Logan Paul smart
Suicide victim filmed: Youtube throws Logan Paul out of the advertising program
Logan Paul will no longer be able to earn as much money from advertising with his YouTube videos in the future. The company has removed the controversial Youtuber from the Google Preferred program. Various other projects have been discontinued.
Paul had shot with other people in the Japanese Aokigahara forest. A particularly high number of people commit suicide in the forest. Paul's group actually found a suicide victim, filmed it and published the video. The Youtuber was sharply criticized for the action. Only then did he delete the video and apologize for it.
In the meantime, Youtube has responded with an open letter and limited the possibilities for Paul to land advertising deals. Youtube itself had previously been criticized for not having commented on the case for so long. On Tuesday, the company wrote on Twitter that users were rightly disappointed with the lack of information from YouTube and now have a right to learn more. "Suicide is not a joke and should not be the driving force for views," explained Youtube. One expects more from Youtubers - Paul's channel clearly violated the community guidelines.
Restriction on promotional deals
They are now working to ensure that something like this can no longer happen. The company also announced consequences for Paul. These look like this: Paul's Channel will be removed from the Google Preferred Program, as "Kotaku" and the "Hollywood Reporter" report. This brings the best content together in packages for advertisers. Paul's chances of landing lucrative advertising deals decrease as a result. He was also supposed to star in a film for the paid offer Youtube Red - that has now been put on hold. And he was dropped from a comedy series for Youtube Red.
Paul had claimed that he wanted to draw attention to suicide victims with his video. But this excuse was not credible for most users and for Youtube itself. Filmmaker and Youtuber Anna Akana wrote: "The corpse was once a person someone loved. You don't walk into the suicide forest with a camera and claim that you want to raise awareness for mental health with it." Youtube also quoted this statement in its open letter. (br, 11.1.2018)
Youtube star laughed at suicide victims: is social media broken?
Aid services for people who are in a crisis or who have thoughts of suicide:
At this number you can get qualified and quick help around the clock: Psychiatric emergency help (midnight): 01/313 30
Crisis Intervention Center (Mon-Fri 10 am-5pm): 01/406 95 95
Advice and help with suicide risk: 0810/97 71 55
Social psychiatric emergency service: 01/310 87 79
Telephone counseling (midnight, free): 142
Advice on the phone (midnight to midnight, for children and young people): 147
Helpline for children, adolescents and adults (Mon – Sat 2–6 p.m., free of charge): 0800/20 14 40
Men's emergency number Styria: 0800 246 247
- Where do you get fresh apple cider from
- What is the formula for stepping the pitch
- Why is seed capital important
- How powerful are 8-cylinder engines
- How understandable are Greek and Albanian
- Which jobs require strong Linux skills
- How is banana a healthy food
- What defines high-level languages
- Why are some software developers too confident
- What is Facebook Libra Coin Prize
- What is a backbone router in OSPF
- How good is GMC Srinagar
- Why do lawn mowers have headlights
- Where should I buy black shoes
- What should I do to read on?
- Why aren't human bones denser
- How does HubSpot help your sales team
- Why are the fees for ATMs increasing?
- How many people use Gmail with SSL
- Why did my Pavlova meringue base go up
- What was called tuberculosis many years ago
- How many months are 125 days
- Is Oceana a continent
- Lynette is a good English name