PV cells wear away
Photovoltaic installation error
Show table of contents
The 4 most common mistakes when installing a photovoltaic system and how to avoid them
The increasing number of photovoltaic systems has also led to changes in the trade. Various companies that were originally from outside the industry have also been offering their assembly for a number of years. At best, the fitters have a training course to become a solar technician. Experience in the roofing and electrical engineering trades is also an advantage in order to avoid the following errors:
1st fault: badly installed roof hooks
Often seen mistakes when installing a photovoltaic system are poorly installed roof hooks for the substructure. The roof hooks must not rest on the tile, this causes tension and the tile will burst sooner or later. Here, under certain circumstances, you should also make sure that the height of the roof hooks is selected so that they cannot rest on even with heavy snow loads.
Buy cheap solar systems
- Qualified providers
- Top prices
2nd error: parallel assembly of the substructure
With older, uneven roofs, you can often see that the installed photovoltaic system follows the curves of the roof structure. This is aesthetically undesirable and can even cause minor shading in very flat sunlight. Already on the first inspection, attention should be paid to unevenness. Correspondingly, height-adjustable roof hooks are to be used or the unevenness on the roof side to be compensated. Roof hooks are available in different designs, so that almost every solar roof can become a smooth level.
3rd fault: badly laid solar cables
Solar cables must be carefully attached to the substructure or module so that no loops are created that drag on the roof and are pushed back and forth by the wind. This not only causes unsightly noises that may be transferred to the rooms below. Destruction of the cable is also inevitable, arcing can occur and, in the worst case, cause a fire.
Furthermore, loops can cause rainwater to flow in the direction of the sockets and plugs and cause damage. In general, all live parts must be routed in such a way that damage from outside is not possible. The fire protection regulations must also be observed here urgently. A stainless steel cable duct has to be used for this.
Use our free quotation service: Compare offers from solar specialist companies and save up to 30 percent
4th fault: unsecured construction site
Last but not least, for reasons of cost, suitable construction site security is often dispensed with; with sometimes serious consequences for fitters, material and tools.
A well-secured scaffolding is essential. Unless they have to work with experienced industrial climbers due to the local conditions. Safety nets for tools that may fall and sufficient flat surfaces to store the modules are part of the standard equipment. The fitters may still have to be secured with safety harnesses. If occupational safety is neglected, the employers' liability insurance association and building supervisors can close the construction site until further notice.
Offers for solar systems
from regional providers
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- What does it mean to want to stop?
- Which flour has the fewest carbohydrates?
- Which foods have significant long-term benefits
- What careers in marketing communication
- Why doesn't YG dye Jennie's hair
- Is the environment important when learning
- What is Kubernetes in the digital ocean
- How does Kroger Clicklist work
- The white spider is poisonous
- How do you find someone on Zoosk
- What are the independent countries of Austria
- Will the gig economy replace traditional work
- How are subatomic particles classified
- Is the hummingbird pistol handy
- Can Hawaii become a country?
- Where did ancient Greece go
- The Beatles still influence pop music
- What should I do to master arithmetic?
- How is Aemon Targeryen related to Dany?
- Why not widely supported regex-based searches
- Are all premium golf balls the same
- What is multibrand retail
- Are SAP training institute in Noida
- What did Antonio Stradivari do?