Which is more difficult algebra 2 or calculus
Linear Algebra 2 in the 2016 summer semester
- Monday 12pm - 2pm; Lecture hall H22 in building cross O28
- Wednesday 8-10 a.m. Lecture hall H22 in building cross O28
- Friday 12pm - 2pm; Lecture hall H22 in building cross O28
Exercise tutorial (it consists mandatory attendance):
- One hour each in small groups of a maximum of 6 students; Start is on time without the academic quarter hour; Appointments and rooms are distributed via the Moodle.
- Wednesday 2-4 p.m. He22 rooms 1.41 & 1.42 and if required He18 room E20
This lecture provides an advanced introduction to linear algebra. Linear algebra itself is an essential basis for many other areas such as analysis, algebra, optimization, differential equations, numerics, functional analysis and mathematical statistics. Among other things, the following subject areas are usually dealt with:
- Euclidean and unitary vector spaces
- Bilinear Shapes, Square Shapes, and Quadrics
- Spectral theorem, principal axis transformation
- Jordan normal form, main space decomposition
- Matrix exponential function
- Linear differential equation systems with constant coefficients
- Singular value decomposition, polar decomposition, generalized inverse
In order for you to be entitled to participate in the exam, you need to pay in advance. You can find the rules for this on the exercise page.
The first exam for Linear Algebra 2 will take place on Monday, July 18th, 2016, the second on Tuesday, October 4th, 2016. No other aids are allowed in the exam. The student ID must be presented for inspection. More information in the Moodle.
For the exam on July 18, 2016: The preliminary scores were announced via Moodle. The grading scale and the exam review will then probably take place in the week from July 25th to 29th. Here is the exercise sheet for the exam.
For the exam on October 4th, 2016: The preliminary scores were announced via Moodle. Here is the exercise sheet for the second exam.
Following the first exam, we will be offering blocked dates for the oral exam from August 9th to 19th, 2016; from August 9th to 12th all day, from August 15th to 19th in the afternoon. The registration for this takes place via the LFS-QISPOS and an entry for an examination date with Ms. Kölle in our secretariat in He18 E.09. The lists for these dates are now available for entry.
After the second exam, there will probably be blocked dates for the oral exam in the week before the start of the semester or in the first week of the semester in October. More details will be announced here.
If possible, we recommend taking one of the blocked appointments. It is possible to arrange other exam dates individually, but it is usually difficult to find a date.
Linear Algebra 1 and now and then basic knowledge from Analysis 1.
Participants can download handwritten and continuously updated lecture notes. Access requires a combination of username and password that was announced in the first exercise.
There is also a semester reserve. Among other things, the following literature can be found there:
- S. Bosch: Linear Algebra, Jumper
- G. Fischer: Linear Algebra, Vieweg
- G. strand: Linear Algebra and its Applications, Saunders
- P. Lax: Linear Algebra and its Applications, Wiley
- R.A. Horn, C.A. Johnson: Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press
- D. Serre: Matrices, Theory and Applications, Springer
- Is Ennio Morricone a brilliant composer
- Why molecules gain kinetic energy when heated
- Scientists have already found soul
- The elderly lose respect in society
- Is Dragon Ball Heroes canon
- Is your nutrition better than your parents
- What are the movements of the pokemons
- What are raft foundations
- Did Goethe ever meet Schiller
- The computer hardware deteriorates over time
- Are rabbits attracted to the color red?
- Why does Paytm not offer telephone support
- What is CH3 CH2 CHCl COOH
- How does RocksDB compare to memSQL
- Governments have their own brokerage accounts
- How is the drag force calculated
- What is your favorite Yul Brunner film
- Automatically plays Netflix in HD
- Why are online personalized ads so primitive
- Can I sleep naked at 13
- The X Men film franchise is dying
- Delayed delivery on customer request Amazon
- Is ASUS VP247HA good for gaming
- How should you donate your hair to him?