Can you recommend books about crime
- Browse by topicSearch our book database by subject, country, epoch, year of publication or key word.
- Book show of the weekHaven't you had time to read the newspaper or drop by us in the last few days? Doesn't matter, because here you can view our review notes from the last six days of publication sorted by newspaper or topic.
- Literature supplementsAll of our notes on the book reviews in the literature supplements from FAZ, FR, NZZ, SZ, taz and Zeit.
Discourse - city - crime
Urban (in) certainties from the perspective of urban research and critical criminal geography
Transcript Verlag, Bielefeld 2005
Paperback, 324 pages, EUR 27.80
Paperback, 324 pages, EUR 27.80
Edited by Georg Glasze, Robert Pütz and Manfred Rolfes. (In) security has become a megatrend in urban development worldwide. The public and private sectors establish new security policies: surveillance and control techniques, urban changes, formalization of social control. However, this cannot be explained with increasing crime. The contributions from urban research and critical criminal geography show that the differentiations between safe and unsafe places are the result of social and discursive constructions and reveal strategies and mechanisms for the construction of (in) security. This enables new perspectives on the connection between (in) security and the city.
Review note on Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, January 20, 2006
Gerd Roellecke is not really convinced of this volume about crime prevention in urban areas. He takes a critical look at the self-understanding of criminology on which this volume is based, according to which criminology serves the state and not the truth - a view that, in his opinion, gnaws at the right to exist of criminology. In Roellecke's view, in order to remain science, it must rather criticize the order of the state. Roellecke explains how preventing crime is a sensitive issue. The US-based measures for local crime prevention, municipal crime prevention and the theory of "broken window panes" discussed in the volume are viewed with great skepticism. At least one can learn from the book "which advantages and disadvantages both methods have". The ideology criticism is so crude that "the risk of falling for it is not great."Read the review at buecher.de
- Will Microsoft HoloLens make tablet computing obsolete?
- What is the social definition of strange
- How do neurons help people learn
- Employers consider applicants with online degrees
- Should I choose IIST?
- Who is Voltaire
- How do I prepare for the KAS exam
- Is Dragon Ball Heroes canon
- What is probability in a word
- What is notice of termination
- What is prefabricated hardwood flooring
- Ice Cube is dead
- How should you donate your hair to him?
- China supplies biological weapons to ISIS
- Can a Christian marry a Messianic Jew
- What kind of science is economy
- What did you learn from Breaking Bad
- How powerful an antimatter missile would be
- Will God forgive unintended sins?
- Which artist sings the song Jopping
- Why is sex disgusting
- How do I get a Punjabi friend
- What is Culver City CA known for
- Is spoken Urdu in Malaysia