Why is woofer called sub woofer
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Sub | woo | fer, Plural: Sub | woo | fer
- 1) special bass speaker on a stereo or home theater system
- 1) loudspeaker
- 1) "The tuner and CD changer are from Alpine, Subwoofer and amplifiers from Infinity and loudspeakers from Magnat. Ulrich Klein has now received the respectable prize at Media Markt in Mannheim-Neckarau. "
- 1) more active / passiveSubwoofer
- Nominative: singular Subwoofer; Plural Subwoofer
- Genitive: singular Subwoofers; Plural Subwoofer
- Dative: singular Subwoofer; Plural Subwoofers
- Accusative: singular Subwoofer; Plural Subwoofer
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„With sound systems in the car, the bass is often neglected. The solution: Subwoofer retrofit. AUTO BILD gives buying tips and shows the Amazon bestsellers.“
autobild.de, August 28, 2018
„Amazon wants to bring eight new Alexa products onto the market. According to CNBC, this is, among other things, a receiver, a Subwoofer and even a microwave.“
The shareholder, September 18, 2018
„Two satellite speakers plus one Subwoofer (2.1) result in the Logitech Z337 system.“
Computer picture, February 13, 2019
„The Sounddeck Streaming integrates loudspeakers, Subwoofer and multi-room functions. Techstage has tested the box-shaped soundbar alternative.“
heise online, June 14, 2019
„The fog around the new Alexa devices is clearing, now there are many details about one Subwoofer and a socket with voice control. The models should appear next month.“
teltarif.de, September 20, 2018
„Fat bass from the Subwoofer from Logitech to the slim taler: On Cyber Monday, Logitech hits a really good deal that might be worthwhile, especially for beginners who are just starting out with sound systems.“
netzwelt.de, December 02, 2019
„In the test, the Philips 55OLED934 not only offers a strong picture with its OLED display in 4K resolution, but thanks to two speakers included Subwoofer also a more than decent sound.“
CHIP, 5th November 2019
„One was stolen Subwoofer as well as an output stage of the installed music system. The amount of property damage is not known. There is no trace of the perpetrators. The time of the offense is between July 21st and 28th.“
Police press release, July 29, 2020
„Rich bass without Subwoofer? Sure it works, says Teufel. The test clarifies whether the Cinebar Ultima can do this well without a bass box.“
Computer picture, January 21, 2020
„The DHT-S416 combines typical Denon audio quality with Google Chromecast integration and wireless Subwoofer.“
digitalfernsehen.de, September 19, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Bass speaker
Another word (synonym) for subwoofer - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "subwoofer":
speaker: Woofer, woofer, subwoofer, midrange, tweeter, dome, membrane, surround, voice coil, piezo, headphones, earphones Application examples: 1) The powerful speakers enabled the speaker to be heard from the rear seats of the festival hall
bass:… 3) Bass line 4a) Double bass, bass violin 4b) Bass guitar, electric bass 4c) Bass drum, bass drum 6) Subwoofer Superordinate terms: 4) Bass instrument Subordinate terms: ...
Subwoofers: Subwoofers (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sub | woo | fers Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈsapvuːfɐs] Grammatical features: Genitive singular of the noun Subwoofer
Subwoofers: Subwoofern (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sub | woo | fern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈsapvuːfɐn] Grammatical features: Dative plural of the noun Subwoofer
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Subwoofer" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Subwoofer/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "subwoofer" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Subwoofers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sub | woo | fern Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈsapvuːfɐn]…
Subwoofers (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sub | woo | fers Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈsapvuːfɐs]…
Succinyl acid (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular succinylic acid; Plural - genitive: singular ...
Search operation (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular search action; Plural search actions genitive: singular ...
Search actions (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Such | ak | ti | o | nen Pronunciation / Stress: IPA:…
Search order (German) Part of speech: noun, (male) Cases: nominative: singular search order; Multiple searches genitive: ...
Search requests (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Search order Hyphenation: Search | on | tra | ge Pronunciation / Stress: ...
Search request (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Search order Hyphenation: Such | auf | tra | ges…
Search order (German) Part of Speech: Declined form Variants: Search orders Hyphenation: Such | auf | trags ...
- What does someone heads up mean
- Does CTS take the location preference into account during training
- What are the best brands of alto saxophones
- Why are power lines twisted
- What is ISO a photo paper
- What is the perfect man
- How does Bitcoin OTC work
- What causes negative selection in quantitative trading
- Should I stay in an abusive relationship?
- How do I use the ICICI gift card
- What are progressive liberals
- How do I deal with meaningless thoughts
- Why can't there be good without evil
- What are stone pitch constructions
- What is the fastest Tesla 0 60 mph
- How was Taylor Swift signed
- Why was Rajan Pillai arrested
- Chemical engineering is a good field
- Why are there no tires filled with liquid nitrogen?
- How to say cake in Vietnamese
- Is Trump a fake billionaire
- How good is SRH
- What is a paid content promotion
- How do people change landforms negatively