How do I register a design?
Simple and convenient: register designs online
It is best to register your design online via DPMAdirektWeb (for registrations with up to ten designs) or with the DPMAdirektPro software (with signature card). If you register electronically, all necessary information is requested in clear input masks. The program checks whether your information is complete and plausible. In addition, electronic filing is cheaper than filing on paper.
Submit conventionally on paper
Of course, you can still register your design on paper. To do this, you must have the one issued by the German Patent and Trademark Office Use form R 5703 (1.02 MB). With a multiple application, you can combine up to 100 designs in one application. For this you also need the Submit attachment sheet R5703.2.
Please note: Designs can Not registered by fax.
What must a design application contain?
The most important links for design registration
For your design registration you need:
- one Request on entry that contains specific information about the applicant
Please note: If you have neither domicile, registered office nor branch office in Germany, you must be represented by a lawyer or patent attorney who is authorized and authorized to do so. This also applies if you are a German citizen but have your place of residence or headquarters abroad.
- one suitable for publication reproduction of the design
- a Product specification (a term from the list of goods (design)); please use our search engine for product information.
You can find detailed information on the required information and documents on the page Required information and documents.
What does a design registration cost?
The fee is at least 60 euros for electronic registration (70 euros for registration on paper).
Faster to the registered design
We can process your registration faster if you
- pay the fees in the SEPA direct debit procedure or transfer them immediately and
- create the product information with the help of the search engine. There you will quickly find all permitted terms of goods.
If the application meets all registration requirements, your design will usually be registered within one to two months of receipt of the fee. If all requirements are not met or if you have questions about registration, the processing time may be longer; Here, processing times of six to eight months from the payment of the fee can be expected.
Image: iStock.com/Peter Csaszar
- Should I dive, buy Apple stock
- Can ibuprofen be used for abortion
- Carry on Aragorn Eowyn
- How are women treated in motorcycle clubs
- What are some sentence examples with spurn
- What's the most hated thing
- What are the independent countries of Austria
- Lenin could have defeated Hitler
- What's important about lemons
- How can you haggle with a dealer
- What is the most technical thing at all
- Why was libgen not switched off
- Can adrenaline get you high
- What do you love about film noir
- Monobasic zinc phosphate is soluble in water
- What is the Christian predestination see details
- How far was Peron good to Argentina
- Are pigeons and pigeons alike
- Who are the top renewable energy experts
- Is byjus better or khan academy
- Are you bored of Donald Trump
- What is serum in biology
- Which factors influence the microclimate
- What is the currency of Hyrule called