Why did Google take over Kaggle
Dataset Search: Google's new search engine for data sets
The new search engine Google Dataset Search aims to help scientists Search for public records help.
The search engine for scientists and the curious
Google's new search engine is aimed at scientists, data journalists, data freaks, or anyone else looking for records online. The service offers a targeted searchdesigned to help scientists and data journalists find the data they need to do their jobs.
How does Google's Dataset Search work?
The new search engine works similarly to Google Scholar, the popular search engine created by Google for academic studies and reports. The Record search now enables users to find data stored in thousands of databases on the web. This will make them generally accessible and usable. It doesn't matter if it's a publisher's site, digital library, or an author's personal website.
How does the data get into the search engine?
To create the dataset search, Google did Dataset Provider Guidelines developed so that they can prepare their data in such a way that Google (and other search engines) can better understand the content of their pages. The approach is based on an open source standard developed by the data community Schema.org.
These guidelines contain important information about records:
- Who created the dataset?
- When was the dataset published?
- How was the data collected?
- What conditions apply to the use of the data? Etc.
This information is then collected and linked. Also will analyzedwhether there are different versions of the same data set. Publications that describe the available datasets can also be found in the search.
The Providers of data setswhether large or small, it is recommended that you orient yourself towards this common standard and adopt it so that all data sets become part of this network.
What can I find using Dataser Search?
The Dataset Search contains content from organizations such as NOAA and NASA, as well as from academic databases such as Harvard’s Dataverse and Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR), as well as government data and Data from news organizations like ProPublica.
The data record search is already working in several languages, other languages are being planned and will be added shortly.
In the video you can see how Google's new search engine works
Kavita Iyer We have translated it for you so that we can exchange ideas with our readers on relevant topics!
You don't want to miss any news?
- Why do I need a wired connection
- Can moose swim
- Is there an office from Quora Philippines
- Does Donald Trump have a funny personality
- What a tenor Elton John was
- How did the Soviets see Brezhnev?
- Did Jesus look like some Palestinians
- Can thrust vector overtake a missile
- What separates good surrealism from bad surrealism
- How good is apple siri
- Fingolfin is the most powerful elf
- What is good travel route creation software
- How do I make 5000 a month
- Mayans are considered to be Indians
- What song do you associate with feminism
- Does your hairdresser keep a record of haircuts
- OnePlus 7 is overrated
- What is an endogeneity problem
- What is a software design team
- What is the popular type of yoga
- Can I grow an olive tree indoors
- Who is Big Boss in Metal Gear
- How do I become a thief
- Is it legal to use the DeepNude app?