Which Android skin is the fastest
Huawei: People who call HarmonyOS an Android skin have little knowledge of software
Since the summer of 2019, reports have been appearing on HarmonyOS, Huawei's new operating system that will run on all kinds of devices in the future, from smartphones to washing machines. Originally it was stated that the technology giant from China is developing a new system in order to remain able to act independently of US sanctions. A few months ago it was finally said that the development should have cost several hundred million US dollars, and that over 80 percent of the features of Android can already be replaced with HarmonyOS.
As shown in a detailed report at the beginning of February, the operating system Android 10, or the Android Open Source Project (AOSP), is suspiciously strong. Wang Chenglu, the head of Huawei's software division, has now commented on these allegations (via Huawei Central). Accordingly, reports of this type only show that people would have little idea about open source software if they claimed that Huawei had just given the open source version of Android 10 a new look.
Wang Chenglu quickly distracts from the code base to emphasize that the difficult part in developing an operating system is not the technology, but the ecosystem. HarmonyOS is to be installed on over 300 million devices this year, and the software will be distributed to smartphones from April.
Despite this statement, it is difficult to see HarmonyOS as a new operating system, because the system is not only visually and functionally extremely reminiscent of EMUI 11 based on Android 10, in the developer settings the current beta even shows itself as "Android 10Q" , while dozens of Android components can be found in the system information. It would be no problem at all to start with the Android Open Source project and develop something of its own from it, but Huawei has simply not been completely honest about HarmonyOS so far.
- What is Google's competitive strategy
- How are flashbangs created
- Which country invented the poison ricin?
- What data do self-driving cars use
- What is the maximum allowable error
- Where exactly was St. Peter crucified?
- How does the media affect sinophobia
- Chadda is a Sikh Punjabi family name
- Which course should I choose to graduate?
- Is Dragon Ball Heroes canon
- Netflix could be acquired from Disney
- Who is the most learned entertainer
- Will my cat remember me
- I'm bipolar. Should I kill myself
- What is the SpaceX mission statement
- What is a good stock market simulator
- Have you ever tried dog croquettes
- What is Japanese Jiu Jitsu
- What should I study at Community College
- Why are mitochondria and chloroplasts called semiautonomus
- What was Dali's greatest regret?
- When can scientists invent food pills?
- What's your rating of Dairy Farming
- What are some technical terms