How can I score in CAT
CAT - more knowledge about complaints in everyday life
People who are affected by COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) often have problems to cope with in everyday life. The COPD Assessment Test (CAT) is a good tool to identify possible connections with the course of the disease. In addition, it also gives the doctor information as to whether the respective therapy is optimal or should better be stopped. Because only individually tailored treatment can effectively slow down the course of the disease.
COPD is a disease that cannot currently be cured, but which can be effectively treated with modern therapies. The consistent application of these therapies leads in most cases to a significant improvement in the symptoms and thus to an increase in performance and quality of life. The right treatment depends on the severity of the disease. The aim of COPD therapy is to alleviate the symptoms, improve the patient's state of health, reduce the progression of the disease and maintain the highest possible quality of life.
The degree of severity determines the therapy
The COPD Assessment Test (CAT) is a questionnaire that can be used to determine the severity of the lung disease. It helps COPD patients to better assess their symptoms and limitations in everyday life. Above all, however, it is an important means for the pulmonologist to assess the course of COPD. With the completed questionnaire, the doctor gets a better insight into the individual symptoms and problems that arise in the patient's everyday life due to his COPD. From the results of the CAT, the doctor can draw conclusions as to whether he can stop the therapy better or whether something needs to be changed - especially if massive restrictions are stated in everyday life. An optimal treatment plan that is individually adapted to the course of the disease can slow the course of the disease and make everyday life easier for the person concerned.
Eight quick questions
The CAT contains eight short questions on the individual COPD symptoms. The extent of the symptoms is determined on a scale from 0 to 5. The stronger and more frequent the symptoms, the more points are awarded and ticked accordingly. Pronounced COPD symptoms are when the total test is ten points or more. The lower the total number of points, the less everyday life is affected by COPD.
The severity or the stage of the disease of COPD is not exclusively determined by the CAT. The doctor also measures the lung function values and analyzes the type and frequency of symptoms. Depending on the stage of the disease, certain therapy options are used. However, a pre-filled CAT is a valuable aid for the doctor.
Make yours CAT-Test and print it out before you meet with the doctor.
- How high can commercial drones fly?
- Why do the Turks convert to Tengriism
- Achieving dreams means everything
- Filipinos have significant DNA from Negritos
- Why are astronauts famous
- Will government workers receive a refund?
- What is a low maintenance person
- What is iPhone 11 max
- How would India be without Nehru
- How is the KNS Institute of Technology in Bangaluru
- What are aghori sadhus
- What are the treatments for pneumonia while walking
- How much is 1 GB of RAM
- What is clean water
- Is Tesla the best electric car company
- What are some souvenirs from India
- Compare yourself to others
- Can I study law after completing the HS
- What is special about Kate Moss
- Is there an office from Quora Philippines
- What is a speed limiter
- What is the physics behind a camera
- Why is the deltoid important
- Can trigger blood pressure perimenopausal