What form of matter are rays
Radiation explained simply
What is radiation And how does it work?
There are many different types of radiation. You can see and feel some of them. For example, rays of the sun, whose light and warmth are perceptible. You can only perceive others through transducers. For example, electromagnetic fields create pictures and sounds in televisions, computers and cell phones. They heat the food in microwave ovens. But there are also rays that you cannot perceive at all.
All rays are a special form of energy that spreads through space and matter. How do the individual species differ? By the amount of energy they carry with them. The amount of energy in turn determines how rays work: The entire world, even ourselves and the air, are made up of so-called atoms. These can join together to form larger units. Then they are called molecules.
In the normal state, atoms and molecules are uncharged - that is, electrically neutral. With some types of radiation, however, the energy is so great that when they hit the atoms they change them in such a way that they are then no longer electrically neutral, but rather electrically charged. This process is called ionization. Thus, all rays that cause this are called ionizing rays. In other species, on the other hand, the energy is not sufficient to break down atoms into electrically charged particles. They are therefore called non-ionizing rays. The different types of radiation can be assigned to these two groups.
Atoms are the smallest basic building blocks of matter and consist of an atomic nucleus and an atomic shell. The atomic nucleus is much smaller than the atom itself and consists of other building blocks: protons and neutrons. Energy is generated in nuclear power plants by splitting the atomic nuclei. The atomic nuclei of the element uranium are mostly used for this purpose.read more
The Chernobyl disaster
In Ukraine, near the city of Chernobyl, there is a nuclear power plant of the same name. In 1986 - exactly 30 years ago - the greatest disaster in the history of nuclear power occurred here.read more
- Is coaching necessary for group 2
- What is the trend in the e-cigarette market
- Is tea a drug
- What are the contributions of Lenin
- Should I invest in Elcid Investments stocks
- What should everyone know about Liberia
- What was the first musical instrument
- How many US states have you visited
- What English songs make you cry
- What are some biological lies
- What is insulating powder
- How is it in Brownsville, Texas
- What is the Russian word for sand castle?
- Where do the biggest frogs live
- Is iBooks better than Kindle
- Were there British Doo Wop groups
- What is dental philosophy
- Why don't you mumble any more?
- What is a rotary drum heat press
- Why does ash never keep its Pokemon
- Answer financial questions 2
- Emily Dickinson had a mental illness
- How did ancient Greek art begin
- Should you ever disconnect from family
- What is your favorite Ferrari, why
- What sets BlackPink apart from other bands
- Should I explore career opportunities in SAP
- What are some of an actor's responsibilities
- ADHD is still viewed as a chemical imbalance
- BTS has to register this year
- Who is the stupidest person on Quora
- Who is the best Physiotherapist in Gurgaon
- Sundarbans Delta is formed by the river
- How does marijuana affect INFJs