Almond milk relieves heartburn
Still water and milk help relieve heartburn
People with heartburn should drink non-carbonated mineral water or milk. On the other hand, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes and rich and spicy food have a negative effect ...
Anyone who suffers from occasional heartburn should drink non-carbonated mineral water or herbal tea. Milk and quark have also proven to be effective remedies against the unpleasant symptoms. On the other hand, coffee, alcohol, cigarettes and rich and spicy food are unfavorable.
There is a sphincter muscle between the esophagus and stomach, which is supposed to prevent the stomach contents from flowing back into the esophagus. If the muscle no longer closes completely, chyme can slosh back into the lower part of the esophagus along with stomach acid, which is formed by certain gland cells in the stomach wall. If this happens again and again, the lining of the esophagus in this area can be attacked and damaged, which can then become noticeable as heartburn.
If those affected drink water or herbal tea, the aggressive stomach acid is diluted and its damaging effect is at least reduced. In addition, residues of the stomach contents that have swept back are washed back into the stomach. Protein-rich foods and drinks such as milk can also help because they have a neutralizing effect on the acidic chyme. Coffee, on the other hand, also stimulates gastric acid production and should therefore be avoided. Alcohol and cigarettes are also harmful because they can further impair the closing function of the sphincter muscle.
When sleeping, experts recommend using an extra pillow. This raises the upper body to prevent backflow into the esophagus. If heartburn occurs only occasionally, this is not a cause for concern. "If the complaints persist, those affected should definitely go to the doctor and clarify whether there is a serious illness behind it," recommends Dr. Martin Strauch from the Professional Association of German Internists.
- What are great honeymoon destinations in Japan
- What are the places in Wayanad
- Is Chrome accelerated for Android hardware
- Are cells made of atoms
- How can I permanently avoid acidic
- How can CRM help improve sales
- Why should we avoid fruit juice
- Should I wait for Nokia 6?
- What is a chemical example of photosynthesis
- Would you try skydiving
- How do you really cure cancer
- How is the superlative created in Finnish
- Who used more chalk mathematicians or gymnasts
- What is the new forex trading tool
- What is Salesforce with Forms
- Of course there are drugs in my brain
- Rudy Giuliani is crazy
- Do all animals enjoy being in nature?
- Are titanium rings better than stainless steel
- How does an ESFJ change
- How am I supposed to just sell my song
- What are the alternative toys for LEGO
- Who sold more records than the Beatles?
- A BA in mass communication is possible