What does Cola do to your body?
Cola experiment: the experimental groups
The Danish scientists working with Maria Maersk divided 50 test persons into four groups: All participants were supposed to continue to eat normally for six months - but each group got a certain drink, which they made one liter a day should drink. Group 1 got cola, Group 2 milk, Group 3 Diet Coke and group 4 water. Thus, the researchers were able to draw a comparison between the sugar lemonade and other calorie-containing drinks (milk), as well as calorie-free drinks (diet cola and water).
The comparison between milk and cola seems absurd at first glance. In terms of calories, however, the drinks are surprisingly similar: a liter of cola contains around 440 kcal, the liter of milk even 460 kcal. Therefore, the two drinks are great for comparing the empty calories of the sugar drink with the nutrient-rich calories of the fat milk.
6 months of cola: these are the physical consequences
Maria Maersk and her team published the results of daily cola consumption in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2012:
- The Accumulation of fat in the liver was - compared to the milk group - around 143% higher
- More belly fat:The participants in all groups gained body fat. However, the Cola group mainly stored the fat on the stomach - problematic, since the inner belly fat is particularly dangerous and hormonally active.
- Significantly worsened blood lipid levels: The cola drinkers had after six months 32 percent more triglycerides (Fats in the blood) than before.
- Higher cholesterol levels: Total cholesterol was up 11%.
The team concluded from the results that sugared soft drinks cause a significantly higher increase in various risk factors compared to other drinks. The cola participants got a fatty liver faster, accumulated more belly fat and had significantly poorer blood values. All worrying factors that lead to a clear recommendation against sugared drinks.
- Big IBM mainframes are making a comeback
- What do you think of Zagreb
- How do I really master web coding?
- How do you become an obstetrician
- There is a new promising mobile operating system
- Why do I hurt my cat
- What is the use of Apple TV
- How does Apple hire people for business
- Is it worth joining the IFMR
- Why was Whitney Houston unhappy
- What is organic thrust
- What is the 2017 cutoff for BHMS
- Dark lips affect our health
- What is the difference between ISO 9000 14000
- What is fax
- Which leads to people being boneless
- Where did British Columbia get its name from
- What is a Node Bank Account
- What is the worth of Pi Crypto
- When will Grand Theft Auto VI be released?
- What are some must-try drinks
- Who is Soniya Gandhi
- Money attracts people
- Scan 3D printer