Greatness is unattainable in today's world
Inaccessibility of distant planetsThe way to the exoplanets is long
More than 30 of these exoplanets are less than thirty light-years away from us and are therefore practically on our doorstep. Nevertheless, they remain - probably for a long time - inaccessible to us.
With today's drive technology, space probes can be accelerated so that they can leave the solar system at a speed of around 15 kilometers per second.
Light is around 20,000 times faster and yet it takes more than 4 years to reach us from the closest star behind the sun. A space probe would therefore be traveling there for at least 80,000 years.
But even if it lasted that long - its transmission power would be far too weak in the end to transmit information from there to earth.
The exoplanet Proxima Centauri b is considered an Earth-like object of comparable size (University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo)
There are now concepts to bring mini spaceships with solar wind sails to significantly higher speeds and correspondingly shorter flight times.
But then, at the destination, not only the problem of controlled braking arises: The payload capacity of such microprobes would hardly be sufficient to be able to transport even miniaturized sensors, not to mention the required transmission power.
It therefore seems appropriate to treat our earth more carefully than before - there is no second home in reserve in space.
- What is the best prayer before dinner
- Owns Facebook FaceApp
- What is the worst password that is not a password
- How does a repeating crossbow work
- What is the main concern in IOT
- Can I get new permanent teeth?
- Dedicated GPU in the laptop is useful
- What technology stack does CloudBees use
- Dictionary books will disappear
- Why don't we have autonomous cars yet?
- What kind of sealant is completely waterproof
- Was Nipsey Hussle murdered
- One person may have vocal tapes attached
- What does a billion atoms look like
- How do you mix with acrylic paint
- Why is Dr. House so unhappy
- What's a good headline on CoSchedule
- Is It Safe To Eat Bread Mold?
- Who are some famous Belgians
- How to learn math formulas easily
- Astronomy is considered a hard science
- Monobasic zinc phosphate is soluble in water
- How many feathers does a porcupine have
- What do Sphynx cats like