What is important for you to remember
Hanisauland: Lexicon @todo: from Preprocess
Don't forget what happened
Remembrance in Germany
The war and the end of the war are remembered differently in Germany. Not regularly, but again and again, a memorial service was held in the Bundestag on May 8th. The speech given by Federal President Richard von Weizsäcker on May 8, 1985 attracted particular attention. He said at the time that for Germany the end of the war was above all a liberation and not a defeat.
In Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, May 8th has been a state day of remembrance since 2002 and is non-working. This is only available in this state. May 8th is celebrated as “the day of liberation from National Socialism and the end of World War II”. May 8 was also a public holiday in the GDR.
Commemoration of the victims
Most of the memorial days are not about the end of the war, but rather the victims of the Second World War. January 27 is “Day of Remembrance for the Victims of National Socialism”. On January 27, 1945, the surviving people in the Auschwitz extermination camp were liberated. There are also honorable and commemorative days of remembrance at other memorials.
On July 20, there is a regular commemoration ceremony for the victims of the German resistance against Hitler. On July 20, 1944, the officer Claus von Stauffenberg tried to kill Hitler with an assassination attempt. The attempt was unsuccessful and the assassins were killed.
Every year, on the penultimate Sunday before the first Advent, the day of national mourning takes place. The war dead and victims of all nations are remembered in an official memorial ceremony in the Bundestag. On this day there is also a guard of honor at the Neue Wache in Berlin, the central memorial of the Federal Republic of Germany for the victims of war and tyranny.
Remembrance in other countries
See all pictures of the special
In Russia and other successor states of the Soviet Union, May 9th is a public holiday as "Victory Day". The end of the war is remembered, there are parades and the heads of state lay wreaths on monuments.
May 8 is a public holiday in France, as well as in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. In the Netherlands, the victims are commemorated on May 4th every year and commemorated the liberation from National Socialist rule in 1945. In the UK, May 8th is not celebrated every year, only when there are special anniversaries.
- How can you put on make-up well
- Is the SRM University AICTE approved
- Describe three anti-DevOps patterns
- Was Indira Gandhi a witch
- Answer financial questions 2
- How can Spider Man defeat Batman
- What food is San Francisco famous for
- What time of day was I born?
- Is English superior to other languages
- What is Bobby Orr famous for?
- What color were Bette Davis eyes
- Hotel night audit is good experience
- What makes Italians like mortadella so much
- Is English honors good in YOU
- Looking for the best credit card in Singapore
- When was tramadol classified as a narcotic drug?
- Are pigeons and pigeons alike
- How can I clean healing stones
- Who are the world's best trendsetters
- Is Tanki worth playing
- When does a laptop screen go black?
- What is PowerShell in Windows Server 2012
- Why can't everyone lead a good life
- What is your favorite mat foundation