How do I prepare for relationship counseling
II. Mental preparation
1. Positive attitude towards the test
One thing is certain:Secret beliefs influence work motivation and exam situation considerably. Anyone who unconsciously fears or even expects defeat promotes with this attitude actual failure.
To encourage positive attitudes towards the test, replace negative self-statements with positive ones because you can change the way you think about yourself.
Here are some examples - Wheredetectyou yourself?
However, positive self-statements have to be maderealistic and believable be formulated.
Wrong would be:
2. Mental training to cope with exams
Basic assumption of mental training for exam anxiety:
- The more times I am tackling theIntroduce the exam situation, the more familiar it becomes to me.
- What succeeds in the imagination willalso easier in reality coped.
- I look for a quiet place, concentrate on rest and relaxation.
- Then I imagine the situation: the room, the examiner, the colleagues,
- how I sit there, get a question, think about it, answer, ...
In this way I can learn to gradually familiarize myself with the exam situation. I can also use this exercise when repeating the subject of the day.
3. Relaxation exercises
When you're already preparing for worse Exam anxiety is plagued, it can be helpful
- Learn autogenic training or similar relaxation methods.
You can also help yourself a little with simple relaxation exercises to find a little more serenity. You can e.g.
- sit down or lie down quietly for 15 minutes
- possibly listen to relaxing music
- Relax your hands, arms, shoulders and neck and move them slightly
- breathe deeply and calmly, emphasizing the exhalation
- bring up pleasant ideas such as a wonderfully quiet place
- a picture with a peaceful mood, ...
- after the exercise: "come back" to the real situation, move, stretch, stretch, "get going"
- start the day's tutorial
4. Training the exam situation
In the run-up to the exam, you can expose yourself to as many exam-like situations as possible. A good option is to have yourself asked for questions similar to the test. In this way, your own behavior can be trained and test anxiety can be reduced.
5. Transfer the learning environment to the exam
An experiment from psychological learning research: divers who have acquired a certain learning material under water were hardly able to access this learning material above water, but they were able to do so under water.
So it succeeds in stimulating the learning environmentto "save over" in the test, this can improve performance. A certain writing instrument, a “mascot” or something similar can accompany learning, be taken to the exam and thus create associations - for example, you can learn in the clothes you will wear for the exam.
6. Get in touch with the professor
If an examiner is very strange or unsympathetic, or if you are particularly afraid of him / her - have a contact interview. This relaxes emotionally and you can tune into the personality of your counterpart. Perhaps you will also show your commitment to the subject and the examination. You may also address issues with exam anxiety -Examiners are only human!
7. On the day of the exam:
- Remember how much and what you have learned
- No guilt about what you may not have learned or have learned too little
- Recall the subject areas once again for an overview, but
- try not to memorize any new material - that is confusing and ineffective
- do something pleasant, relaxing
- Apply relaxation exercises
- to eat something light and pleasant
- Avoid stress and turbulent situations
Continue to conduct in the exam situation
Psychological counseling for students - 6 times in Austria
Tel. 0512/507 39601
Tel. 0463/23 4 82
University fund building
Tel. 0732 / 2468-7930
Tel. 0662 / 8044-6500
Tel. 01/402 30 91
Psychological counseling for students at the Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research, Minoritenplatz 5, 1010 Vienna Austria
- How beneficial were war bonds during World War II
- Does caffeine affect the taste
- What's the worst design you've ever seen
- What is underground ukulele
- Flowering mint plants
- Why is Trump interested in Jussie Smollett
- Are donations tax deductible in 2019
- What poisonous snakes are there in Colorado
- Can you summarize Hegel's philosophy
- Why is the South Bronx dangerous
- Where can consumers complain?
- Have processed foods ever made you sick
- Is perfusion technology a course of study
- How does digital art work
- Can a vegan lasagna be delicious
- What causes contractions in the 32nd week of pregnancy
- Who influenced the feudal system?
- Why do fouls in basketball have to be difficult
- Where should I look for proofreading
- Muslim girls are the most beautiful
- Which antibiotic was the first bacterial antibiotic
- Can a place develop without politics
- What is flaxseed
- What are some single player video games