Where can I find interesting journal announcements
5 Useful Pages for Journal Writing Ideas and Techniques
Magazine writing has a long history of not only helping writers improve their writing skills, but writing thoughts, worries, and challenges can also be helpful.
We have written about several online and computer software for maintaining a journal or diary, but if you're stuck for ideas or questions about the purpose of journaling, several online sites run by experienced journalists can help.
Although the Easy Journaling blog site has inexpensive ebook and audiobook materials for sale, Sam the site developer also has a plethora of free materials to get you started with e-journal writing.
In its section "Where do I start?" Find answers to questions about motivating you to write, flagging up e-journal entries, and improving your journal entries.
The site is also where you can find the top iPhone and Android journal apps, including My Secret Diary, Day One, and Memories: the Diary.
Sam is a lifelong journalist who thinks history recording is a useful tool for busy professionals, parents and children, and students. His article on 37 Reasons to Use Penzu Pro is also useful to check out.
Writing through life
Writing in life is more about traditional magazine writing - magazine writing than some kind of memoir and storytelling. The website developer, Amber Lea Starfire, provides one-on-one support and editing.
They also produce a free weekly e-zine of journaling topics, writing prompts, tips for renewing or starting regular writing practice, and they suggest ways to mine your diary for writing your life stories. Your weekly prompts to explore different aspects of your life through writing are a good place to start your website.
You may or may not know it, but journaling isn't limited to pen and paper or a digital text editor. You can also express your thoughts and experiences through art. If you've never seen or done art journaling, one website you want to start off with is Artists Journals.
This website provides some examples, how-tos, and recommended resources for creating and maintaining an illustrated journal or diary.
1000 journals project
While it's not a tips and journal announcement page, you definitely owe it to yourself to check out the 1000 Journals Project, which features photo ops of journals of all kinds of content, from family and friends to politics and world affairs.
The project page is based on a physical display of personal magazines and journals created in classrooms and adult education centers.
A similar page called 1001 Journals is set up so that you can share your journal in three different ways: by mailing it to a list of people who log in, by putting your journal in a public place, like a coffee shop or one Book store, let someone else keep it, or you can scan your diary and post it on the website.
For instant magazine writing inspiration, check out Mari L. McCarthy's Create Write Now website, which features 150+ journal announcements, along with other tips and articles.
McCarthy is a therapy specialist and coach who has published several e-books on the subject of therapeutic writing. Her website also contains a collection of personal diary stories from readers of her website, in both written and video form.
There are several other useful journaling websites out there. Let us know who you visit a lot for inspiration.
And for other magazine writing ideas, check out these articles:
- The Benefits Of Journal Writing On Penzu.com The Benefits Of Journal Writing On Penzu.com The Benefits Of Journal Writing On Penzu.com I started journal writing back in the early 1980s when I was in college but didn't really put personal thoughts on paper the last fifteen years. After much thought about which medium ... Read More
- 4 Awesome Journal Apps To Write About Your Day [iPhone] 4 Awesome Journal Apps To Write About Your Day [iPhone] 4 Awesome Journal Apps To Write About Your Day [iPhone] Journal and Diary have a long rich history, and now thanks very much crafty software developers, there are digital shelves of seductively rich apps that inspire you to jot down your memories and daily ... Read More
- 3 Ways To Keep A Journal With Your Mac 3 Ways To Keep A Journal With Your Mac 3 Ways To Keep A Journal With Your Mac Read More
Image source: Shutterstock
- What is a good commercial kitchen machine
- How do I use TubeMate
- Which CMS is worth using
- Which devices are using Android
- What is the molecular basis of inheritance
- How do you start to like yourself
- What is pre-checked in hockey
- What is the richest city in Suriname
- How can I get customers for interiors
- What does call forwarding mean
- How are handwriting and health related?
- Why is silence more painful than death
- What is Funnelflix
- Why should you invest in HYIP
- Where is Puerto Vallarta
- What is the value of tan 9
- What is a graphics card 3
- What is the best way to improve prose
- Is Sastra University better than the NITs
- What is the meaning of elegant evidence
- What happens at a Bruno Mars concert
- Who was the major gangster in history
- Is there someone named Owen in Brazil
- People are actually using the browser's back button