Can worry and stress can really cause ulcers
The cardiovascular system is weakened by chronic stress. Researchers have found that those who are constantly stressed suffer from cardiovascular diseases about twice as often as those who are less stressed.
Typical symptoms are:
- high blood pressure
- Increased fat levels in the blood
- Increased deposits in the vessels
All of these factors increase your risk of getting one Heart attack to suffer. It can also Cardiac arrhythmias come. Common sensations are:
- Racing heart or stumbling
- Chest pain
The effects of stress can also be felt in the gastrointestinal tract. The body produces more stomach acid due to the increased number of stress hormones. As a result, those affected suffer more often from unpleasant things heartburn.
There is also a higher risk of stomach ulcers. Chronic stress, however, can only trigger an ulcer if the lining of the stomach is already inflamed. This inflammation can arise, for example, from the increased amount of stomach acid. Typical complaints that go along with it:
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Loss of appetite
Further consequences of stress in the gastrointestinal area are chronic digestive problems, e.g. B. Constipation or diarrhea.
Stress is also considered to be a major risk factor for diabetes, as is being overweight or not getting enough exercise. In stressful situations, the hormone will Cortisol released. Thereby the blood sugar level rises and the body is activated. In addition, the organism releases stress-related messenger substances. These reduce the effect of insulin, which makes it difficult to regulate blood sugar. The result: Chronically stressed people are more likely to develop diabetes.
You can recognize diabetes by the following symptoms, among others:
- Strong thirst
- Weight loss
- Frequent need to urinate
- Poor wound healing
Weakened immune system
When the body is on the alert, the immune system is strengthened for a short time. So it can fight off infections faster. But the stress hormone cortisol weakens the immune system's defenses over the long term. Bacteria and viruses can attack the organism more easily and are only fended off with little success. As a result, stressed people suffer more often from infectious diseases. Usually these are colds or herpes. They also take longer to get well again.
Due to the constant alertness of the body, the muscles are permanently tense. This tension is usually noticeable in the head, shoulder and back area. The result is headache and backache, which without adequate relaxation can turn into chronic stress. As a result, the body is exhausted and less efficient.
Reinforcement of skin diseases
Neurodermatitis sufferers in particular notice the effects of stress on their skin. The inflammation of the skin and itching, which are typical of neurodermatitis, increase as a result of long-term exposure. To relieve tension, the only thing that usually helps is scratching. However, this increases the inflammation. The suppression of itching, in turn, increases internal tension. Without stress relief, those affected suffer more and more from the disease.
The symptoms of psoriasis and hives are similar. These, too, can be aggravated by constant stress.
- What does Buda mean in Hungarian
- What should i do iit or engineering
- What is the appeal of robotics research
- Why is Metro North always late
- Why do Latinos hate Donald Trump
- How is culture related to intelligence?
- What is static arousal and brushless arousal
- What is the full name of NADPH
- Are corporate bonds risky
- Which Comes First UI or UX
- What place is Switzerland from Pakistan
- There are bowling alleys in Nagpur
- How did my friend find my Instagram
- Is carob honey better than regular honey
- What does syncing of contacts mean in Android
- Does the human subconscious have its frequency
- Are there multiversal civilizations
- What are the main facts of the calendar
- How is the user interface like or different from the user interface
- In which countries is Bitcoin legal
- How famous is Khabib Nurmagomedov all over the world
- Which country is hiring more nurses
- What is the VAT in China
- Should I sign my sketchbook?