Who is CM
Convert meters, decimeters and centimeters
We will show you how to convert meters, decimeters and centimeters in this article. The contents in short form:
- A Explanationhow to convert meters, decimeters and centimeters.
- Some Exampleswhich show the conversion of cm, dm and m.
- tasks / Exercises with which you learn to convert these units of length yourself.
- A Video, which shows how to deal with units of length.
- A Question and answer area with typical questions about the conversion of these units.
We will deal with the units of length meters, decimeters and centimeters and how to convert them. If you get problems with the content, you may have difficulties with your own previous knowledge. In this case, please read the following articles first: Arithmetic up to 100 and the place value table.
Explanation: Conversion of meters, decimeters and centimeters
How big is a tower? How long is a soccer field? How tall is Anna Such questions are usually answered with a number and a unit of length. Anna, for example, could be 140 centimeters tall or a tower could be 5 meters high. Sometimes you have to convert such information. For example, an indication in meters should be converted into an indication in centimeters or decimeters. This is exactly what we want to do here.
The following things should be remembered first:
- One meter is 100 centimeters.
- One meter is 10 decimeters.
- A decimeter is 10 centimeters.
- 1 m = 10 dm = 100 cm
The conversion can be imagined very easily with a place value table. Here is a table that has not yet been filled out.
The information should now be entered by meter, decimeter and centimeter. You have to note that, for example, 5 dm = 50 cm. Alternatively, you can simply enter a 5 for decimeters followed by a zero. For meters, decimeters and centimeters, only one number between 0 and 9 can be used.
Sometimes you also use a comma to represent the numbers. For example, you can cut off meters with the one behind it.
- 1 m 40 cm = 1.40 m
- 3 m 20 cm = 3.20 m
- 2 m 3 dm = 2.30 m
If the specification is less than one meter, then we have a zero in front of the decimal point:
- 60 cm = 0.60 m
- 6 cm = 0.06 m
- 10 cm = 0.10 m
Examples to convert
In this section, a number of other examples for converting meters, decimeters and centimeters will be shown. These are also tasks that teachers like to bring to school.
Fill in the next table correctly:
The information in centimeters can be entered directly. With the decimeters it gets more interesting: 0.2 dm = 20 cm and this is also entered in the table. This also applies to the meters. So 0.05 m = 5 cm and 0.5 m = 50 cm.
So much for the examples. Now you should do the tasks / exercises yourself. Because only those who practice can do such tasks themselves in the future.
Tasks / exercises conversionShow:
Centimeter, decimeter and meter
In the next video you will get to know different length units or distance units. Meters, decimeters and centimeters are discussed. Numerous examples are calculated and the conversion is explained. This video is part of our mathematics department.
Next video »
Questions and answers about conversion
In this section we look at typical questions with answers about converting the units of length.
Q: How do I learn this topic?
A: Read this article carefully again. Learn the appropriate information to convert the units by heart. Memorization has become very unpopular these days, but in this case, you should do it anyway. Some tables and conversions have also been carried out above. Go through every single line and follow through. As soon as you have done this, go to the tasks and exercises that are linked here in the article. There are always solutions to these exercises that you should take a look at.
- Which websites have the best search interface
- What is endocannabinoid signaling
- Who is the most positive player in the NBA
- Who is your favorite 20th century philosopher
- Why is everyone borderline narcissistic these days
- How is Edelweiss as a brokerage company
- Can i know your youtube channel name
- Is it okay to stop sometimes
- What starts when breathing stops
- What is only famous in Nagaur
- How fast does a ball python grow
- What is a Skinner Box
- Why do they put gelatin in food
- Should I take part in CAT classes after +2
- The NEET 2018 was easy
- Why is Philz Coffee so popular
- What are common foods with trans fats
- Where are the self-driving cars
- How vulnerable is Trump to Anonymous
- Which book will you find in amazement
- What are dedicated servers in games
- What is Russia's GDP in 2019
- How long do you keep having sex
- What does voi mean in Italian
- What do people hate about health care
- What are some Vim hacks in LaTeX
- What old superstitions were actually true
- Can a checked balance sheet be revised
- What is your appetite for risk taking
- Why do chips always hurt my teeth
- What can you take on board an airplane
- What are the types of missile canisters