What are some fantastic facts about Indian heritage
10 +1 facts about nature in Madagascar
Madagascar is an extraordinary country, with breathtaking landscapes, paradisiacal beaches and a spectacular biodiversity!
We have the for you with the help of our tour guide Lova Top 10 Most Captivating Nature Facts collected about this great island and again and again we were amazed and dreaming ourselves.
Between tiny and huge,Madagascar surprises with its flora and fauna not only the researchers, but also visitors again and again.
Then stop chatting, let's go, here are our top ten plus 1!
1. Madagascar wasPart of Gondwana - the old supercontinent. It included South America, Africa, Antarctica, Australia, Arabia, Madagascar, New Guinea, Zealandia and India.
About 160 million years ago India and Madagascar separated from the African continent. 70 million years later, the island separated from India, and since then Madagascar has been separated from Africa by the Indian Ocean.
2. The smallest primate in the world lives in Madagascar, theMouse lemur.
3. But also the largest lemur in the world, theIndri Indri, has its home on the Red Island.
4. Behind Greenland in first place, New Guinea in second and Borneo in third place is Madagascar4th largest island in the world.
5. Bamboo lemurs, which are different from the bamboo species, live in MadagascarCathariostachys madagascariensis feed which fatal to many other living beings due to the poison would be. Thanks to a specialized digestive system, these animals can absorb the poison they contain without any problems. Scientists are currently researching this phenomenon!
6. The grasshopper Phymateus saxosus is known for itsextraordinary joy of color and its beauty. In Madagascar they occur in swarms and they feed on highly poisonous plants. In Madagascar, it seems that every second animal can eat poisonous plants without any problems! Crazy!
7. Madagascar owns an old part of the Gondwana land. The place is calledMasoala, translated: the eye of the forest and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is a replica of the area in the Zurich Zoo, the so-called Masoala Hall. This replicates the Malagasy Masoala rainforest and is home to over 50 different vertebrate species from Madagascar.
8. Approx. 85% of theThe fauna and flora of Madagascar is endemic, that is, these species only occur in a certain area.
So is the plant, for exampleRavenala, or alsoTraveler's Tree called, endemic to the island. The most famous endemic animals in Madagascar are the lemurs, these cute little animals look like a cross between a cat, a monkey and a squirrel. 100 different species live in Madagascar, from small to very large!
9. The newly discovered, huge andbrightly colored stick insect, namedAchrioptera manga andAchrioptera maroloko live only in a certain forest in the north of the island. Researchers find this stick insect amazing, as usually thatSurvival by camouflage is guaranteed.
With this species, however, the males rely on the exact opposite! You have to impress the ladies somehow, right?
10. 23-29 mm in sizethe smallest reptile in Madagascar and around the world, the endemicBrookesia micra, aka stub tail chameleon. Sweetie!
And one more goes:
11. Charles Darwin was just a brilliant mind. He put forward the thesis in distant London that it was named for the endemic Malagasy orchidAngrecum sesquipedale, would have to give a butterfly with a very long proboscis, purely theoretically.
30 years later this hawker was described in Madagascar, to which the properties prophesied by Charles Darwin apply! Unfortunately, the good Charles was dead a long time ago and could no longer celebrate his "clairvoyant powers".
We look forward to more facts about the fabulous nature in Madagascar!
Would you like to find out more about Madagascar as a travel destination or about our travel offers to the Red Island and our tour guide Lova?
Suitable travel offers
- What is behavioral geography
- Which is the most powerful weapon in Fortnite
- Can snails move faster under water
- Where can consumers complain?
- Is Amazon best suited for making money
- What is a Node Bank Account
- What is the requirement object in Laravel
- What is natting on the network
- Denmark and Norway are socialist countries
- How can Spider Man defeat Batman
- Can the devil work miracles
- What is intraluminal brachytherapy
- KaiOS can compete with Android and iOS
- Which beach has the most plastic?
- What are the resonance structures of phenol
- Is physiotherapy suitable for girls
- Is Neymar really worth it
- Why is your back sweating?
- What does Noam Chomsky think of abortion
- How can we start our day actively?
- Your memories will change over time
- What does heat intolerance mean
- Can the memory be trained
- Why do trading systems have a black background