What Are Some Good Shinto Introductory Books
- Browse by topicSearch our book database by subject, country, epoch, year of publication or key word.
- Book show of the weekHaven't you had time to read the newspaper or drop by us in the last few days? Doesn't matter, because here you can view our review notes from the last six days of publication sorted by newspaper or topic.
- Literature supplementsAll of our notes on the book reviews in the literature supplements from FAZ, FR, NZZ, SZ, taz and Zeit.
Shintô, a mixture of natural and ancestral cults with a strong community-building, political component, is not easy to understand for a non-Japanese. The main difficulty is not in any complicated doctrines or concepts, but precisely in their absence. The Shintô has neither a founder nor a holy scripture, nor a clearly defined doctrine. In this introduction, the special features of Shintô are presented in a clear and understandable manner, the historically significant relationship between the state and Shintô is discussed and the influences of Shintô on today's Japan are addressed. Finally, the Shintô is placed in the context of the current discussion about "Asian values".
Review note on Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, November 23, 2001
Steffen Gnam finds Ernst Lokowandt's introductory study on Shintoism quite successful, as the author shows how this Japanese natural religion permeates modern society, the "Japanese way of feeling, thinking and acting". The author also explains to what extent this religion has been appropriated or instrumentalized in its history: It entered into the teachings of "esoteric Buddhism", found a symbiosis with Taoism and Confucianism and was the ideological support of Japanese militarism, reports Gnam. The author comes to the conclusion that "Shinto" remains the "born state religion" in modern history, despite the separation of state and religion.Read the review at buecher.de
- What will happen to Pluto
- Faster speakers are smarter
- What is a list of math books
- What was your favorite scam call
- What do you think of the Keynesian economy
- What was clothing like during the industrial revolution?
- Have NITs dress codes
- What should i do iit or engineering
- Where has all the protest music gone?
- Is Palestine beautiful for tourists
- What is the best business practice
- What podcasts interview progressive writers
- What's your rating of Olympus Cameras
- What are some symptoms of malnutrition
- What is 12 12 12 12 2
- Who was the most powerful demigod?
- What are the test environments in Agile
- What is vacuum frying
- What is the popular type of yoga
- What are two square
- What is your photography workflow for editing
- How the generator capacity for elevators is achieved
- How important SMO is to SEO
- How do I temper an electricity meter
- How strong is Kisame without samahada
- Which is the fastest CSS framework
- How powerful was the Maginot Line
- How do you find a good job
- Can mosquitoes carry vitamins
- When did capitalism begin?
- WHY DALAI LAMA IS CALLED DALAI LAMA
- What did God do with Job
- How can we create a nonlinear material