Are bank lockers fireproof
Keeping cash at home: is it insured?
Keeping cash under the mattress - not a good idea, because burglars know such hiding places. How savers keep their money safe and how it is insured at home.
According to the Bundesbank, every German has an average of 70,000 euros on the high edge. Because of the low interest rates, many savers keep their money in their home. However, hiding large amounts of unsecured money at home is a bad idea. Regardless of whether savers quickly put their money in the coffee can, bunker under the mattress or hide it on the bookshelf: Burglars do not trick them, because they know the most famous hiding places.
So that your money is safe at home
If you want to hide more cash in the house, you should increase security and protect yourself against thieves by purchasing a suitable safe. Larger amounts of cash, jewelry and important documents are best kept in a tough safe at home. This should be difficult to transport and installed as firmly as possible. Good to know: Safes are not only a safe hiding place for your own assets, depending on the model, they also protect your money in the event of a house fire.
Safes are available in graduated security classes. The higher the values in the safe, the higher the security class should be. The safe should be neutrally tested and certified. This can be recognized, for example, by the VdS certification mark. To increase security, it is also advisable to install an alarm system.
How can I insure the contents of the safe?
With a household contents insurance you can protect your belongings against damage from fire, storm, hail, tap water and burglars. Valuables such as cash also belong to the household items. After a break-in, however, the insurer will only reimburse stolen money up to a certain maximum, this is often 1,000 to 2,000 euros. Higher sums of cash are therefore not automatically insured, but can be agreed individually.
The decision of how much money and which valuables can be insured in which safe lies with the household contents insurer. The degree of resistance of the safe and the question of whether there is surveillance by an intruder alarm system play a decisive role.
Depending on the amount of money it should the correct resistance level of the safe be chosen to effectively protect the property from burglars. The higher the resistance level of a safe, the more stable and secure the cabinet is. In the private sector, VdS grade N, I or II is usually sufficient. To be on the safe side, consumers should check with their insurer.
What applies to safe deposit boxes in the bank?
An alternative for storing cash and valuables in the apartment is a safe deposit box. This can be rented from banks and savings banks for a fee. The contents of the locker are insured up to a certain amount. You should inquire about the level of insurance coverage at the bank where you want to rent a safe deposit box.
Some household insurance policies also cover the contents of lockers in bank vaults. Here, too, compensation limits apply, which can vary from bank to bank.
There is also special insurance for customer lockers. Depending on the contract, the contents of the locker are insured against damage caused by fire, burglary, robbery, storm, hail or tap water damage. The amount insured depends on the values in the locker and can be agreed individually with the insurer.
- What is British English for skin
- What is it like to be kidnapped?
- What is your opinion on SZA
- Why do we like to sing
- How did Ayn Rand learn English
- How do you work on Toptal
- How is information transmitted
- Why is Southern Comfort freezing
- Greatness is unattainable in today's world
- Why is Uber introducing a tariff for teenagers
- Who is the most positive player in the NBA
- What makes you perfect 1
- Bench press increases your clout
- How do you repaint a garage floor
- How do I renew my MSN Premium subscription
- In which technology should I work as a freelancer?
- Why did the Confederation have more victims?
- What is a constellation
- How far is Madrid from Barcelona
- Don't you miss your love
- GPU fans run all the time
- What topics does AP Calculus BC
- Can we survive without hydrogen?
- Ohio has a red flag law
- What makes a good argumentative essay topic
- How's life soldier
- Is Kim Kardashian married now
- What is the need for stators
- How do I become an art professor
- What is the future of legal engineering
- How many songs can a person learn
- Jungkook is the best member of BTS
- Is bad sometimes good
- Is a fully self-driving Tesla legal