How did agile change project management
Advantages & challenges of agile methods in the project
In the energy market, which has also become more dynamic with the transformation to the digital energy system, classic approaches to project management - especially when developing individual software solutions - are often no longer flexible enough. With the classic approach (so-called waterfall method) in software development, tasks are processed in a fixed order - from collecting the requirements to going live. The next project phase only begins when the previous one has been completely completed. If errors are not discovered during the project, it is often difficult to correct them. It is therefore not surprising that agile methods are always used in software development.
Seven2one has been using the Scrum method for software development for eight years and has been working agilely with customers on projects such as TransnetBW and the Krefeld municipal utility. What are the advantages of the agile approach, what challenges do I have to expect as a customer? That sums up this blog post.
Agile to the (project) goal
In agile project management, one proceeds in small steps, each of which generates added value / customer benefit. At development intervals of a few weeks (so-called sprints), our customers receive functional and internally tested software increments.
First of all, we clarify the goal for the next sprint together with the customer before the sprint. This is essentially about planning the content for the next sprints and receiving feedback on the increments delivered. A feedback round takes place after each sprint. Then the next sprint is planned. The procedure at such intervals with early feedback makes it possible to identify errors or misunderstood requirements early on and to correct them. In addition, the customer can adjust the direction at short notice by changing the prioritization and thus react to changed framework conditions.
Classic versus agile project management for individual software projects
- Is gelatin kosher why or why not
- Is gasoline homogeneous
- What is the application form
- Will the Taliban retake Afghanistan?
- Why do we return to earth neutrally
- Which is not a symbol of peace
- Why is content marketing important for SEO
- Is a fully self-driving Tesla legal
- What is SIP TLS
- Which league is Stanford in
- How does Gloud Games work
- Why should you use Oracle DB now?
- How well can computers answer questions?
- How can I grow a beard faster?
- Are miracles, of course
- What is BARAK MISSILE SCAM 2000
- Who is the ugliest anime protagonist
- What do trees see
- Why are game design books so boring?
- Is Area 51 really that dangerous
- How courier companies manage delivery boys
- How is Advaita Vedanta different from solipsism?
- What are the different types of carburetors
- How do PPC and SEO work together