What are congress delegates
100 years of hostility towards the system
One of the oldest political parties in the country will be one hundred years old next week. On January 2, 1921, two dozen socialist congress delegates founded the Communist Party in the Josy Anen Café in Differdingen. The Socialist Party had split over membership of the Third International. That is because of the question of what political role the trade unions and their leadership should play. The question remains unanswered to this day.
It was a party of miners who had learned underground to trust each other in order to survive. It was a party of steel workers who had been united by large factories into a large army of workers. The just victorious October Revolution made them and their families dream of the end of their daily toil. They were convinced that this was not given to them under the prevailing conditions of private means of production, wage labor, merchandise management and representative parliamentarianism. Today this is called international competitiveness.
The fact that the Communist had to be a party hostile to the system was first confirmed by its opponents: the smelters and mine owners who made their members unemployed; the gendarmes who spied on their meetings; the judges who sentenced their activists; the Aliens Police, which put their members across the border; the government that banned the profession; the parliament, which removed its first MP; Joseph Bech who wanted to muzzle her; the Nazis who killed their resistance fighters; the Service de renseignement, who stalked their MPs.
In the course of its hundred years, the Communist Party provided two ministers, achieved parliamentary group strengths, appointed mayors and aldermen of the largest industrial cities and works councils for heavy industry, put pressure on the LSAP and trade unions to succeed in expanding the welfare state, and to this day publishes one of the last communist daily newspapers in Western Europe . Was that getting closer to her goal? Maybe it is still hostile to the system. It is the last party to invoke Marxism. Somehow that means that there is constant arguing about added value in class struggles and that even the minimum wage, dismissal protection and health insurance do not put an end to it.
Social exclusion and the lack of human and intellectual resources in a tiny country made the soon-to-be-dynastic communists ultra-montane like the Luxembourg Catholics. In the end, it probably did them more harm than good. To deal with the social upheavals from the land of the red earth to the tax and satellite paradise, they only had an outdated orthodoxy. Just as the LSAP covers up the opportunism of day-to-day business with idealistic slogans and Lénk, split off from the KPL, compensates for parliamentary reformism with noisy declarations of principles, so the KPL only has bombastic rhetoric to differentiate itself from them. With the closure of the mines and the downsizing of the steel industry in the 1970s, the social base of the Communist Party had been rationalized away. After that, the rubble of the Berlin Wall fell on her head.
Since then, the government, the police, the judiciary and the secret service have stopped persecuting the hostile party. Not even the state deradicalization agency created in 2017 is interested in the radical opponents of the prevailing conditions. That has little to do with a fundamental democratization of these conditions. The Communist Party has shrunk to a traditional association of nice pensioners who no longer inspire fear.
- Why is DarkBASIC not developing
- Is AWS useful
- What is a beautiful picture
- How do you catch a raccoon
- Which stocks should I invest in next?
- Which came first through email or the internet
- Which web technology is the best
- Can hyperthyroidism be cured by hemopathic treatment
- Splashes occur during plasma welding
- What is quantum information
- How bad is Dan Brown's language 1
- Would you lend your girlfriend 1,000
- Why is fashion often repeated in bygone eras?
- How does filariasis affect your body
- Technically becomes a meaningless word
- Why did topic descriptions disappear from Quora
- What is the history of research
- Why is microbial ecology important
- One person may have vocal tapes attached
- Misanthropy is unethical
- With Adidas shoes you run faster
- How can I apply for TMISAT
- Should I be an astronaut for Mars?
- Who are the best email list providers
- Why don't we have autonomous cars yet?
- What does the emoticon 20
- Who are the Juventus fans on Quora
- Can I learn cinematography myself
- What are microbial agents
- How can I really draw very quickly
- You may be allergic to marijuana
- Bats come out in the day
- Kratom is banned in the UK