How to Prevent Blisters While Running
How to prevent blisters on your feet
Whether from strappy sandals, flip-flops, high-heeled sandals or sneakers - we've all surely run a bladder at one point or another. Especially in summer, when it's warm and sweating is high, the nasty skin blisters form in no time at all. Unfortunately, they not only spoil the moment for us, but also cause us problems in the days that follow. We'll tell you how you can directly prevent blisters on your feet with simple tricks.
Preventing Blisters: 3 Effective Tricks That Really Help
1. The Italians show how it is done: baby powder
In sandals and other non-sock shoes, you can try the Italians' insider trick:
Use baby powder to minimize the warm, humid climate between skin and shoe, which promotes blistering! Rub it on your dry feet before putting on your shoes. Also put some powder in the sandal. The baby powder absorbs the moisture and thus offers you longer protection against the formation of blisters.
2. The perfect fit of the shoe
The right fit of the shoe is of course essential to avoid blisters. A well-fitting shoe rubs less on the foot. There should be about enough space in front of the toes that a one-cent piece fits in, as we slide our toes a little forward when rolling. A shoe that is too short, like a shoe that is too long, can cause unpleasant skin irritation.
But also make sure that the fit is neither too wide nor too narrow. Tip: Do not buy the shoes early in the morning - at this point the feet are less swollen than after a long day, and are usually smaller and narrower.
Here you can find out how to keep shoes that are too narrow and shoes that are too tight >>
3. Important: the right stockings
The right socks are a decisive criterion in sneakers, booties and Co. The wrong socks can also cause blisters to form on the feet. Make sure you use a moisture-absorbing material - this reduces the warm and humid climate and prevents the formation of blisters on the skin. Go for socks made of wool or, even better, merino wool. Also note whether the type of sock matches the shoe: If you have a high shaft, a long sock is also recommended, while you can also wear small sneaker socks with short-cut sneakers. Avoid that the elastic of the stocking ends exactly with the edge of the shoe at the heel - this can cause uncomfortable pressure. And: not only the shoe, the sock should also fit well! If the stocking folds, the friction can quickly lead to blistering.
Also read: 15 tips for well-groomed feet >>
Blister on your feet? This helps
If all the caution didn't help and you still got a blister, make sure you leave the skin intact, do not prick it and then use a special blister plaster. This will prevent germs from penetrating the wound and at the same time cushion you from further irritation. Do not use a regular patch; there is a risk that friction will make the situation even worse.
- Had Homo Erectus religion
- Is there such a forex tool
- Dogs recognize good music
- What is the scientific name for algae
- What makes it worth following a guide
- How has your body changed after pregnancy
- Have you ever taken a calculated risk?
- What is the difference between ISO 9000 14000
- Which factors lead to psychopathy in humans?
- Is Sims 4 worth the $ 50
- How do PPC and SEO work together
- What are the huge startup weaknesses
- What are the different breeds of wild cats
- What is the reason for the beta decay?
- Why has civilization switched to monogamy?
- How do I start a mastermind group
- What is the Renos Law
- What is the difference between Flash and Java
- Which Samsung phone has the best features
- How do synapses change during learning
- What Armenians think of Vahe Avetyan
- How hackers use P2P
- How was the earth's mass measured
- Who was the greatest European sword fighter