Can I wash my dog with bleach?
Wash at low temperatures
Low temperature detergent
Detergents that are also suitable for washing at low temperatures have information on the packaging such as: B. "20 ° C" or "15 ° C". At temperatures of 30 ° C or lower, especially enzymes in combination with surfactants ensure effective stain removal: Enzymes break down the dirt, surfactants remove dirt from the textiles and transport it into the detergent solution.
Things to know about bleach
- An overall stronger cleaning performance can be achieved with bleach. In addition, these prevent unpleasant odors in washing machines.
- Bleaching agents are only contained in heavy-duty or multi-purpose detergents if they are in the form of powder, granules, pearls or tablets.
- Stain removers for textiles also contain bleach, e.g. B. stain removers and some stain sprays.
- On the packaging of such products it is stated: "Oxygen-based bleach".
- Frequent use of bleach reduces the intensity of many textile colors.
The four factors when washing clothes
When washing laundry, the washing performance depends on the four factors of detergent performance, washing temperature, mechanics (including drum movement) and time (washing duration).
If one of these factors is changed, e.g. B. the temperature, then the proportion of at least one other factor must be increased accordingly in order to achieve the same washing performance. Extending the washing time therefore helps to achieve good washing performance even at a lower temperature.
Hygiene and washing at low temperatures: does it fit?
In addition to removing stains and dirt, hygiene is also part of washing performance. There is no generally binding definition of hygiene. In the broadest sense, the term describes preventive measures in order to avoid diseases on the one hand and to maintain well-being and health on the other. In everyday use today, the term hygiene is usually equated with thorough cleanliness and all measures aimed at it.
Most of the microorganisms that can be found on used textiles come from the human body, i.e. usually from the skin flora. Microorganisms also get onto kitchen textiles through contact with food. Choosing the right detergent and washing machine programs will remove these microorganisms in the washing machine.
Washing at 30 ° C or lower temperatures only makes sense if dirt and stains are removed from the textiles and good hygiene is achieved.
For outerwear, all common detergents and washing programs are usually sufficient, even at low temperatures. Wash programs at 40 ° C are usually sufficient for towels and underwear.
To achieve better hygiene, can
• the temperature is increased and / or
• A detergent containing bleach is used.
For hygienically demanding laundry (e.g. kitchen textiles, washcloths, dog blankets), additional hygiene measures are useful: These items of laundry should be washed at 60 ° C, preferably with detergents containing bleach.
The temperatures displayed by washing machines are not reached by all devices or in all programs. Short washing times also reduce the hygienic effect. Some washing machines therefore have programs (e.g. “Intensive”, “Hygiene”, “Anti-Allergy”, “Down / Beds”) that reach the indicated temperature (e.g. 60 ° C) and hold it for a long enough time. This supports good laundry hygiene, even if detergents without bleach are used.
In special cases it should be washed at 60 ° C with detergent containing bleach. Examples are home care, fungal diseases, vomiting diarrhea. For textiles e.g. B. made of wool or silk, which must not be washed with products containing bleach and not even at 60 ° C, there are additional products (hygiene rinse).
In laundromats or other communal washing machines, the first load in each case that is washed in the machine should be washed at at least 60 ° C with a bleach-containing heavy-duty or universal detergent (powder, granules, pearls or tablets).
Washing machine hygiene
If low-temperature washing programs and bleach-free detergents are predominantly used, layers of slime composed of bacteria and fungi can form in the washing machines, which normally do not lead to harmful germs in the laundry, but can cause unpleasant odors in washing machines and on freshly washed laundry. Once or twice a month you should wash at 60 ° C with a heavy-duty or all-purpose detergent that contains bleach (powder, granules, pearls or tablets), or additionally use powdered stain remover with bleach (stain remover). This prevents unpleasant odors from developing in the washing machine.
Washing machine hygiene tips
After removing the clean laundry
- Leave the door or lid of the washing machine open and pull out the detergent drawer (dispenser compartment) a little to allow moisture to escape and the inside of the machine to dry. Because dehydration inhibits the multiplication of germs,
- clean the rubber on the porthole of the washing machine (e.g. remove lint and hair),
- Clean the detergent dispenser and its receptacle every month by removing detergent, fabric softener residues and dust. The detergent dispenser can usually be completely removed (see instructions for use of the washing machine).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
⇐ Tips for washing clothes
⇒ Tips for gentle laundry washing
⇒ Products for laundry washing and laundry care
⇒ Tips for drying clothes
- What is your favorite homepage
- How do I publish an article
- How to say Present in Hindi
- What gives tattoo shops their smell
- Are protein bars better than shakes
- Are Wisconsin and Michigan worth the trip
- What is meant by jirga
- What should your cooking show be called
- Can I do an MA in Defense Studies?
- Make backlinks from Github help for SEO
- What are the 5 best underwear
- How can you explain your products
- Can I take omeprazole every other day
- Where's Joe Rogan's studio
- How betting websites predict soccer results
- What's your rating of Zocdoc
- Can bioinformaticians work from home?
- What is extreme cruelty
- Will you speak english
- Has a value of zero
- Can an Ayush doctor do allopathy
- Has anyone seen ghosts or evil spirits
- Who is the ugliest anime protagonist
- Asuran is nominated for an OSCAR