YouTube monetizes the speed of loading videos
How to monetize video content without YouTube
Video content isn't going away anytime soon. The data shows that the average person watches 6.8 hours of video content online per week, an increase of 59% from 2016. But given that video hosting sites like YouTube keep raising the bar on monetization requirements and changing policies That causes longtime partners to suddenly stop making money, some publishers may be wondering how to monetize video content without YouTube.
Today I'm going to share with you the complete guide on how to monetize video content without YouTube.
Can You Monetize Video Content Without YouTube?
Yes, you can monetize video content even without YouTube. We wrote an in-depth article on how to host your own video content yourself, but here are some of the key points on how you can start monetizing your video content without YouTube.
- Think about how your website will be hosted: Use a CMS like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla! or do you host your website yourself? Understanding the file size limits for video uploads is critical.
- Choose where you will be hosting your videos yourself: You can choose an all-in-one self-hosting option like Cloudflare Stream or upload videos through your CMS or web host and use an open source player like MediaElement.js, Video.js and many others.
- Create content and be aware of the size: If you are hosting yourself and your hosting provider is providing $ 100 a year for up to 1000GB of video file storage, and if you exceed that limit and your plan automatically moves to the next level, it can hurt your budget. So keep an eye on how your video production increases as your website grows.
- Optimize your videos for SEO: Make sure your videos have meta descriptions, meta titles, etc. so that Google can index them properly.
What are the requirements for YouTube video monetization?
Aside from having an AdSense account linked, located in an Eligible Country, and following all YouTube monetization guidelines, there are two main requirements for monetization with YouTube:
- 4000 hours of playback time on your videos
- 1000 subscribers for your channel
The pre-2018 YouTube affiliate program threshold was 10,000 views. However, YouTube claimed that this threshold was insufficient to rule out spammers and fraudsters
Why monetize video content outside of YouTube?
The main reason to monetize video content outside of YouTube is because You have full control over your content. Additionally, YouTube is constantly increasing its monetization requirements, imposing more regulations on content types, and blocking content for no reason.
There are hundreds of such threads in forums on the internet where people who have been on the platform for years have lost their monetization.
YouTube's main goal is to protect its own interests and the interests of its advertisers. For this reason, if content policy suddenly changes to protect their own interests (and their wallets), they do so too.
But when YouTube demonetizes a video producer who makes about $ 1,000 a month, that's a drop in the ocean for them. For the publisher, that could be a good chunk of their monthly income that is gone in an instant.
How do you get video views without YouTube?
The easiest way to ensure you are getting video views without YouTube is to ensure that your videos are linked to relevant metadata.
This means that you need to make sure that your video has:
- Meta title
- Meta descriptions
- Relevant tags
If you click on this "How to Cook Eggs" video, you will immediately see that the publisher has a video title and description associated with it.
This meta information helps Google find and index your videos. If you simply post a video on your website with no meta information, Google will not be able to index your video.
How do you monetize video content?
The biggest alternative to monetizing video content outside of YouTube is Facebook. But using a huge third-party platform like Facebook has the same drawbacks and risks as YouTube. At the end of the day, you still have no control over your content.
There are also a number of platforms that enable video content monetization:
These platforms have the advantage of allowing you to host, distribute, and monetize your videos in the same place while still retaining full ownership of your content.
How do you start monetizing video on your website?
One of the easiest ways to start monetizing video on your website is is the creation of video content that fits your written content.
Below is an example of an article we wrote about how to render next generation images in WordPress. After the article was published, we created an Ezoic Explains video that we eventually embedded into the content.
Embedding video content in articles can affect user experiences such as time spent on the page and page views per visit. If people spend more time on your articles, it is a clear sign to Google that the content is good and can help improve the rankings.
In addition, the videos can be sorted according to their own ranking and the number of views increased. Once you use a self-hosting video provider that gives you access to monetization, pre-roll, mid-roll and post-roll ads (ads at the beginning, middle, and end of a video) can help Monetize your video content in addition to the display ads on your website.
Some publishers also have great success with direct deals and sponsored content from brands. If an advertiser finds your content relevant to their target audience, they may want to reach out and sponsor your content.
How Much Can You Make From Video Content?
The money you can make from self-hosted video content depends on it, just like with display ads.
For example: self-hosted videos could be 3-10x higher than YouTube's earnings if you are able to have a different demand for ads outside of Google's competition. The biggest problem with getting high video CPM ratesis competitionYou can get it through Google AdX when you host or host your videos in a player on your website.
CPMs for videos have the same restrictions that apply to the ads, but they are typically 10-100% better paid.
In contrast, they could also be lower than the inventory value, which is not a good thing (i.e. visible impressions, videos viewed). This will decrease the value and the ad could even outperform the income from ads on video.
If your content is relevant to visitors and valuable to advertisers, the potential revenue is often higher; especially when there are many competing video advertisers.
Summary of how video content can be monetized without YouTube
While YouTube is still the predominant video monetization platform on the internet, that could change as more publishers move to self-hosting videos. The biggest advantages of self-hosting are that complete control over your content and its monetization.
As things stand now, self-hosting video can be a bit of a hassle. If you don't have an all-inclusive platform to host and monetize your video on, things can get complicated. Some of these self-hosted video sharing platforms, such as B. JWPlayer, can be a little expensive.
Ultimately, you need to consider your goals as a publisher, the level of control you are comfortable with, and, if you choose to monetize video content, scale.
In addition, Ezoic is developing an all-in-one tool for monetizing videos. This tool will allow publishers to upload, host, and monetize their video content without having to worry about WordPress upload limits, finding HTML5 players, or securing advertisers.
Note: This tool is not yet available for Ezoic Publisher.
Have questions or comments? Let me know and I'll try to answer you.
- You can put glass in the freezer
- What's the biggest distraction for students
- Is La Mer Lotion worth the money
- How is MacEwan University in Canada?
- What is your worst supernatural experience
- How does Football Eye Black
- Abraham Lincoln was totally against slavery
- Why can't I take responsibility
- Is emotional health similar to intellectual health
- Where can you get cool security systems
- What is Kubernetes in the digital ocean
- Why are women more willing to lie and deceive
- Do you like Bernie Sanders Supporter
- How do I start my own SMMA
- Can a diabetic eat honey or jaggery?
- Sells Walmart guitars in store
- Is Ennio Morricone a brilliant composer
- Jazz guitarists ever use barre chords
- How do you know yourself differently?
- Dryers use a lot of electricity
- What have you learned from English literature
- How is Shaktikanta Das doing as a person
- Why don't you have pets
- What is translucent 1