Can you hold your baby too much
The first days with a baby: welcome to the world!
Time for closeness and rest
The start in family life succeeds best in peace. Midwives recommend new mothers or families to get started first one to two weeks to cuddle up at home for a long time and the rest of the world largely to forget.
Of course it is not necessarily easy, yourself to withdraw, if friends and family congratulate or that Baby want to see. Here, however, you can go prioritiesput. If it gets too much for you, you can easily invite visitors put off for a later appointment. The mobile I can do it for a long time switched off or at least silentbe.
After all, you need time to ...
- ... to get to know each other first.
- ... to learn to breastfeed or to find the best rhythm for feeding in a bottle.
- ... to find a sleep rhythm (see sleeping baby) and to get used to getting up at night.
- ... get to know the new, tiny family member and develop a close relationship with the child (this is called bonding)
- ... to perfect the swaddling, baby care and bathing processes.
- ... to cope with the new family member messing up your usual daily routine all the time
Don't forget: important dates
Despite all the seclusion in the first few days, there are a few organizational pointsthat you definitely have to think about:
- The U2 at the pediatricianif it wasn't already done in the hospital
- The Birth certificate within Apply 1 week after the birthif it hasn't already been done in the clinic
- The Inform the employer about the birth, Likewise in the first week after giving birth
- Your baby with Register health insurance
- The Application for maternity allowance send
- If necessary, the Day cribswith whom you registered your child about the birth
You can find out more about these and other important milestones before and after the birth in the "Pregnancy weeks" section.
Break for mom - rest and recuperation after giving birth
In the beginning you should rather on sleeping, resting and activities while lying down or To sitfocus. Your body must finally get away from hugeEfforts relax and do a lot right now Changes in regression by. It is not for nothing that the first are called six to eight weeks after birth as a childbed. So treat yourself to in between always small pampering breaksto recharge your batteries. That comes benefit you and your baby.
Here are some ideas for mom break
- Take a nap as soon as the little darling sleeps. The Times after breastfeeding or bottle meals because babies like to right after drinking satisfied fall asleep. Just search for that Breastfeeding or feeding one comfortable place on the bed or sofa so you can with your baby a little doze offcan.
- Slow down. The first days with a baby are exciting. After a while, however, the Handles to routine and it can boredom too come up. After all, your “parenting life” is now less varied and you also get less talk than you used to at work. Try this Use time to slow down. The baby challenges you enough - adapt to his rhythm on and enjoy the time of monotony. This will be over quickly when your baby starts to discover the world.
- A little alone time. Treat yourself to every now and then some free time and ask others for assistance. It feels good when friends or grandparents are your child Supervise for one or two hours. So you can do things that are important for you and your well-being undisturbed. A walk with partner, yours Pursue a hobby, a Visit to the hairdresser...
Division of tasks between mom and dad
How you and your partner divide the big and small tasks in everyday baby life between you depends on many factors. It depends on whether Dad, too, parental leave takes or not how much Support her from grandparents gets how much time there is and how everyday life is structured. Find here every couple an individual solution.
Important is just that you as parents actually find a solution. Right from the start, the wishes and needs communicated. So you can clear rules put up, before someone treats themselves unfairly feels.
Task sharing rules apply to things like:
- Yourself at night around the sparrow To take care of
- Take care of the baby alonewhile the other Time for yourself Has
- If not breastfeeding: Give vials
- The Comfort babywhen it screams
- Changing diapers / nappies
- Put to bed
It can be useful or necessary also for pleasant baby tasks Find regulations so yourself nobody passed over feels, for example because the other person gets more cuddling time.
How to get to know and understand your baby
In the course of your pregnancy you have probably asked yourself again and again what it will be like when your baby is here. Now that it's in the world, you can finally get to know, understand and love this little person even more. It works like this:
To get to know. Not every baby is created equal. Even the youngest have already their peculiarities and preferences. In time you find out what your baby likes and what not. You do that by using his Reactions in different situations exactly are observing. Does it chuckle happily while bathing? Does breastfeeding complain if you ate garlic the day before? Is it better in the morning than in the evening?
Learn to understand. Even newborns can do theirs Express needs quite welleven if they can't speak yet. And we can instinctively understand their signals just as naturally. So you can rely on your feelings. Your baby uses Eye contact and Body languageto communicate with you. By it you looks attentively and encouraging arm and leg movements makes it shows, for example, that it does play with you or cuddling want. By putting it head and body turns to the side, it mostly signals that it is needs a break. And of course, your baby will cry or cry to show you that he needs something.
Love even more. In the weeks after the birth reinforced yourself your strong feeling of love to your child again. With some parents, this feeling is only slowly developing now, which is also completely normal. This is called strong Feeling of togetherness also includes bonding. You can also consciously accelerate the bond with your baby. Often is that is especially important for dadswho cannot establish an intense bond through pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Postpartum Depression: Tears in Greatest Happiness
When mums hold their newborns in their arms Most of them are initially overwhelmed by a feeling of great happiness. After all these months of waiting, after the exhausting hours of childbirth, your baby is finally here. A wonderful, very special moment!
However experience most women in the following days also that theirs Feelings sometimes surprisingly mixed are. That them suddenly all too much will and the tears flow. This mood crash, most of the time between the 3rd and 10th day occurs, will Baby blues or postpartum depression called. In medicine, one speaks of postpartum (that means 'after birth') low mood or postnatal depression (PND).
Causes of the baby blues
No mom should therefore To blame. The reason for this mood they are great physicaln and mental exertions of pregnancy and childbirth. Then there are the strong hormonal changes after birth.
If those Feelings last longer and one month after giving birth are still present, it may be a postpartum depression act. Even for a depression must be no one to be ashamed of! In such a case, however, you should professional advice get it through a midwife or doctor.
You deserve support - the midwife will help you
Do not forget that you are in the first 10 days after giving birth on daily home visit through your midwife. She can help you in all matters relating to physical changes, your psychological well-being, breastfeeding and baby care.
- Can insectivorous plants be considered carnivores?
- How do we do a weight-free gym
- Why was Leon Trotsky murdered
- Do the Israelis support Iran
- Which is the best anti-keylogger
- What is the Feynman technique in detail
- Do people accept MQM without Altaf Hussain
- How can I make an impressive PDF
- What if I don't have an ID 1
- What films will be out in 2025?
- What are some famous planes
- You can claim land after 7 years
- People without fear have nightmares
- Does Lucifer exist Where does he live
- Will Amazon sell cannabis at some point?
- How is the focus compared to radian6
- What causes bias in AI
- How is the variance found in Excel
- Is Logan Paul smart
- Where does the Hebrew language come from?
- Who composed the British national anthem
- Do schools really need more male teachers?
- Which philosophy books should economists read?
- Gold is a Jewish family name