Is sugar cane good for your health
Now the coconut blossom sugar tastes - contrary to what its name might suggest - not like coconut, but rather strongly caramel-like. It is less sweet than table sugar and has a very pleasant taste.
But coconut blossom sugar not only tastes very fine; it can also come up with some health benefits. For example, it has a very low glycemic index (GI) of 35. You have long known the advantages of this value :-).
Its fructose content is very low at 2 to 9 percent. On the other hand, its mineral supply for a sugar is remarkably high.
Conclusion: Coconut blossom sugar does not burden the pancreas, it contains little free fructose and plenty of minerals. Therefore, it is also one of the relatively healthy types of sugar.
Sugar substitutes have health benefits
The sugar substitutes include sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol, maltitol, isomalt and stevia. They are not to be confused with sweeteners, because sugar substitutes are usually obtained from natural raw materials.
These are sweet-tasting carbohydrates, but they don't quite come close to the sweetness of household sugar. Therefore, they are often used in combination with sweeteners. Therefore caution is advised here too.
Exceptions are xylitol, which is almost as sweet as pure sugar, and stevia. Stevia, however, far surpasses the sweetness of household sugar. In addition, the stevia plant has a number of health benefits to offer.
In general, sugar substitutes have fewer calories than normal sugar, get into the blood more slowly (lower blood sugar level rise) and are mostly metabolized independently of insulin. In addition, they are only weakly acidic, so they do not harm dental health. These advantages make the sugar substitutes so interesting.
From a chemical point of view, sugar substitutes are among the sugar alcohols that are also found in fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, etc. Of course, the substances used in industry are not obtained from these foods, but from wheat and corn starch.
If the maize and the bacteria used to break down the sugar components are not genetically modified, the sugar substitutes can be a good alternative to the types of sugar already mentioned. Provided that they are consumed in small quantities, otherwise they have a strong laxative effect.
Erythritol, also known as erythritol, also belongs to the group of sugar substitutes. It is obtained through a fermentation process in which glucose from wheat or corn starch is fermented by special yeast mushrooms.
Compared to sugar, erythritol has about 70 percent sweetness and its health benefits are comparable to those of xylitol.
However, erythritol has two remarkable advantages over xylitol.
On the one hand, it has almost no calories (20 kcal / 100g) and, on the other hand, 90 percent of it reaches the blood via the small intestine and is completely excreted via the kidneys. Just under 10 percent are excreted via the large intestine.
This is why erythritol is much better tolerated than xylitol and other sugar alcohols, even after consuming larger amounts.
* You can find xylitol birch sugar from tree bark here under this link.
* You can also find other natural and healthy sugar alternatives here under this link.
Our conclusion about the different types of sugar
It is difficult to pass the time to find out which sweetener is actually supposed to be the best. Wouldn't it make more sense to wean the palate a little from the sweet taste in order to experience the occasional pleasure?
That is certainly easier said than done. Because one thing is certain: Sugar is addictive and getting out of sugar addiction is anything but a "walk in the park" :-). But simply replacing the types of sugar or amounts of sugar you have used so far can be a good start.
If you read carefully, you have probably also recognized that the vast majority of types of sugar are not beneficial to your health. Many of them even make you sick. Even natural honey becomes unhealthy if it is not only consumed every now and then and in very small quantities.
The disease-causing bacteria, fungi and parasites really don't care whether they feed on refined sugar or higher quality varieties. For them, the quality of the sweetness does not matter.
Nevertheless, you have also become acquainted with types of sugar that are not harmful to your health. These include the sugar substitutes xylitol, erythritol and stevia.
Natural and therefore really healthy sugars include - besides yacon syrup - only those that are found in natural foods.
Manuka honey and coconut blossom sugar are also good sources of sugar. Due to their special health effects on the body, the stevia plant, xylitol and erythritol could also be mentioned again at this point.
We hope that with this article we have brought you closer to the many aspects that must be taken into account when choosing a sugar.
We also hope that in the future you will take a closer look at the list of ingredients for packaged foods and avoid ready-made meals as much as possible, because they contain all of the aforementioned types of sugar that are harmful to health.
* This article contains advertising. Our website contains affiliate links (* mark), i.e. references to partner companies, e.g. to the Amazon website. If a reader clicks on an affiliate link and subsequently on a product from our partner company, we may receive a small commission. This means that we cover part of the costs we have for the operation and maintenance of our website and can continue to keep the website free of charge for our readers.
Your donation helps us
If you enjoyed this article, we would appreciate a small contribution to our work! Donate now with Paypal.
Distance training to become a holistic nutritionist
Are you interested in what's in our food and want to know how nutrients and vital substances affect the body? Do you want a healthy life for yourself, your family and fellow human beings? Nutritionists are popular - but the holistic aspect that is needed for sustainable health is often forgotten when giving advice. At the Academy of Naturopathy, you will get to know the connections between lifestyle and diet as well as physical and psychological well-being.
That educates interested people like you in around 16 months to become a holistic nutritionist out.
Is this article worth reading?
Share this article
Notice on health issues
This information is passed to the best of my knowledge and belief. They are intended exclusively for those interested and for further training and are in no way to be understood as diagnostic or therapeutic instructions. We do not assume any liability for damages of any kind, which arise directly or indirectly from the use of the information. If you suspect illness, please consult your doctor or alternative practitioner
Subscribe to Newsletter
Exciting information about health and nutrition
1x per month
Login Successful. You will shortly receive a confirmation at the specified email address.
With your registration you allow the regular sending of the newsletter and accept the data protection regulations.
HEALTH CENTER © 2021 Neosmart Consulting AG. All rights reserved.
- Andrew Jackson was a psychopath
- How do I earn with the Instagram fan page
- Can meditation relieve back pain
- What other land animals are dancing
- How do I fix Ubuntu in Grub
- How does Microsoft compare RDP to VNC
- What is the Tesla Plaid Powertrain
- MCA graduates are eligible for BSNL JTO
- The arms industry is good business
- What is the best terpene for anxiety
- Can a federal employee own a business
- What is the body of a company
- Are cat videos popular on TikTok
- What's the weather like in Raleigh, NC
- Atheism is human nature
- What's next for the post-merger force
- What are the asphalt qualities
- Why do Java programmers hate pointers
- Who developed the Sula wines brand
- Who originally created the PayPal product?
- Why do camels have long necks?
- Helps Instagram with search engine optimization
- What is POST in the computer system
- How do I stop envying successful people
- What is the importance of British literature
- What is the consistency of the soil
- What does DSLR stand for
- French Bulldogs are good with other dogs
- What's the pricing on in fact com
- Works Sony Vaio without the original battery
- What's wrong with America's technological culture
- What is the most smelling animal
- Can you make me go through Chegg