Using the photo card on Instagram
Instagram is an app for smartphones and tablets that allows registered users to share photos and videos with other users. In addition to this sharing function, Instagram offers numerous photo filters for image editing. Typical of Instagram photos is their square format. Due to the comment and like function, Instagram can also be viewed as a kind of social network. Instagram has been part of Facebook since the end of 2012.
Instagram was developed by two IT programmers from San Francisco who originally created check-in software called burbn. A photo extension turned it into the Instagram app, which has been available in the Apple App Store since October 2010. Two years later, in April 2012, the app was also available for Android devices.
The name Instagram could be based on the "Instamatic" technology developed by Kodak, as the optics of the filters used should, among other things, be similar to the optics of the images made with Kodak.
Right from the start, Instagram aroused the interest of numerous prominent donors, which is why the app could be continuously developed. Above all, the high potential for marketing and advertising was discovered.
At the same time, the number of users of the popular free app has increased very quickly since it was launched. The spectacular high point in the company's history was when Facebook announced in April 2012 that it would take over Instagram with its 12 employees for a billion dollars. To date, that was the highest amount a company would want to pay for a digital photo app. By comparison, the acquisitions of Picasa by Google and Flickr by Yahoo were fractions of the $ 737 million Facebook ultimately paid for Instagram. The takeover enabled Facebook to benefit from the technology of the Instagram app for its own Facebook Camera app.
Although Instagram was originally only designed as an app, since November 2012 users have been able to create their own web profiles and thus present themselves publicly on the WWW. Since June 2013 it has been possible to post photos as well as videos.
According to the company, as of 2013, more than 150 million users are using the Instagram app every month This makes Instagram a direct competitor to Pinterest.
Opportunities for users of the Instagram app 
Instagram offers its users several options:
- Edit images with more than a dozen different filters
- Upload images from the album or link directly to the camera of the smartphone or tablet
- Upload or rotate videos
- Geotag function with which a user's own photo map can be created
- Exchange of photos with other users
- Like function in the form of a heart
- Comment function, with the option of using hashtags
- Integration into other web connections via an API
Opportunities for online marketing
Example: The Coca Cola Company's web profile on Instagram
Big brands are already using Instagram for broad-based branding marketing campaigns. The advantage here is that the participants in Instagram campaigns have to be active and can be addressed very emotionally via pictures. In addition to companies, there are also a number of stars on Instagram who provide their fan communities with current images via the link with Facebook and, depending on the choice of images, can also attract appropriate attention.
Instagram and SEO 
So far, Instagram has received relatively little attention in the SEO scene. However, a strong web profile on Instagram could strengthen the branding and thereby lead to an increased search for the brand (this can also be the name of an online shop) via Google or another search engine. At the same time, a strong Instagram profile could also increase the domain authority of a website.
- ↑ Instagram stats. Instagram. Retrieved on November 8, 2013.
Web links 
- Where does the media get money from?
- Denmark and Norway are socialist countries
- How do magnifying glasses work
- Disappearance of smartphones
- Who can teach me STAAD Pro
- What is the purpose of singing
- Bats come out in the day
- How is the user interface like or different from the user interface
- How can I unsubscribe by email
- What is the theory of quantum free electrons
- What Armenians think of Vahe Avetyan
- What is deep meditation
- How is the pricing for biosimilars done
- What are some quirks of the INFJ
- What is Disuse Atrophy
- How do I invest in Cardano Blockchain
- What is GMT time in Australia
- How does an RBMK type reactor work
- Why are college dropouts obsolete?
- Why are love songs so damn edgy
- What is resource management in PMP
- Is glycerine more viscous than water
- Is the beacon technology implemented in India
- What is maca