How does your customer know that KYC is ready
Know your customer
As Know your customer (KYC; German: know your customer) denotes a legitimation check of important new customers, which is prescribed in particular for credit institutions and insurance companies, in order to prevent money laundering.
In order to combat money laundering, criminal machinations as well as economic crime and terrorism, international minimum standards for the identification of new customers have been created. These rules are intended to prevent funds from being carelessly shifted back and forth via bogus companies, for example. Before opening an account for new customers, the KYC must be used to check who the customer is, what the business model looks like and where the financial flows come from.
The decisive basis for the KYC requirement of European financial companies is Article 8 in the 3rd EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive. “Standard small customers” who do not want to do particularly extensive or particularly unusual business and who have been assigned to a correspondingly safe risk class in advance can be excluded from the general check.
These reviews are also important from the point of view of a wide variety of laws and regulations on counter-terrorism and compliance. In particular, various national laws and regulations of international organizations prohibit business with certain people and countries. If, for example, the special regulations of the United States are not adhered to, the financial companies face severe fines, imprisonment for senior staff, and even withdrawal of their entire business license. In addition, the reputational risk that negative headlines can cause if there is a lack of control should not be underestimated.
Information to collect
In the case of natural persons, in particular the type of professional activity and the purpose of the business relationship must be recorded.
In the case of legal entities, the type of company, activity, industry, industry code, number of employees, ownership and company structure as well as the most important (expected) financial indicators must be recorded.
Furthermore, the origin of funds and assets must generally be clarified. The details of the planned customer relationship such as the scope and payment types, for example, must also be noted.
In the case of politically exposed persons (PEP), the function and place of exercise must also be recorded.
All persons significantly involved in the creation of the KYC as well as subsequent changes to the KYC master document must also be logged.
- ↑ Whitepaper: KYC - Know Your Customer
- ↑ https: //www.bmf.gv.at - Know your customer
- ↑ DIRECTIVE 2005/60 / EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of October 26, 2005 on the prevention of the use of the financial system for the purpose of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Is it a form of bullying to be judgmental?
- What are you going to propose to the Indian media
- A fresher can take executive courses
- What is an improper withdrawal
- What is an avoidant personality
- How does the use of public transport save energy?
- Only hires Google top graduates
- How do photographers deal with social media accounts
- What is the stability of benzene
- Kopi Luwak real or not
- Narcissists keep a job
- What harms a relationship more than dishonesty
- Can someone create a new design pattern
- Ayurvedic medicine is safe to use
- What makes Justin Trudeau a good leader
- How do taximeters count the tariffs
- Are the problems of Swedish immigration still solvable?
- What information should a vehicle license plate encode
- Have organic food glyphosate
- Which came first through email or the internet
- Can we use toothpaste as a face wash
- How do I fix my unbalanced body structure
- How does the UEFA Champions League work
- Why did Facebook remove the ticker