What is the factor of 2x 4
Derivation: factor rule, power rule and sum rule (derivation rule)
In this area, we start with the derivation of functions using so-called derivation rules. First, let's look at the factor rule, power rule, and sum rule. As always, we provide a few examples.
First of all, a small note: If you have not yet read the article Basics and slope for derivation (link opens in new browser window), it is best to do so. There it becomes clear why differential calculus is actually needed. Anyone who has read this can now start with the factor rule and power rule.Show:
Factor rule + power rule
Let's start with the factor rule and the power rule. The aim is to use functions such as f (x) = y = x4 or f (x) = y = 3x2 or to derive f (x) = y = 5x. In general: y = xn with the derivative y '= n · xn-1. One factor remains. Here is the general application of the factor rule and power rule, some examples follow:
- Write down the task in the form y = ...
- Write underneath y '=
- Writes the exponent of x after y '=
- Then write down the x
- The exponent for the derivative is reduced by one.
- The factor remains
That sounds a bit complicated at first. The following examples illustrate this:Table scrollable to the right
|y = f (x)||y '= f' (x)|
|2x3||2 x 3 x2 = 6x2|
|5x6||5 x 6 x5 = 30x5|
|14 x2||14 x 2 x1 = 28x|
|4x10||4 x 10 x9 = 40x9|
|5x||5 x0 = 5|
As the last example shows: The derivative of a number (without x) is always zero. If you go through all of the examples carefully, the context should become clear to you.Show:
The sum rule says: With a finite sum of functions, differentiation can be made in terms of terms. This, too, can best be demonstrated with a few examples.Table scrollable to the right
|y = f (x)||y '= f' (x)|
|x2 + x2||2x + 2x|
|3x + 2x3||3 + 2 x 3 x2|
|5x2 + 10x3||5 x 2x + 10 x 3x2|
|3x2 + 2x3 + 4x3||3 x 2x + 2 x 3x2 + 4 x 3x2|
Who's OnlineWe have 296 guests online
- Why don't mathematicians use automated proofers
- What does extraordinary mean?
- Why don't we have autonomous cars yet?
- Which is better satin or silk sheets
- Does the asteroid belt have gravity
- What are mutagenic factors
- Have you ever read fake news?
- What is the hardest part of CFOP
- Where can I find a great man
- Are we meant to achieve something?
- What are offshore energy sources
- Are there good reasons to live
- Why do dogs make us happy?
- Which salad should be read silently
- Who is the developer of Magisk
- What is Lindsey Graham's Health Bill
- Dogs can feel confident
- Is it unethical to follow up on email?
- Will buy Samsung eBay
- Is there a Jaguar Cheetah Hybrid
- What is the story of srisailam temple
- What is a CDM database
- What is Nirjala Ekadashi
- Is the Egyptian military stronger than Israel