Boruto is worth seeing
Boruto Fillers: How Many Fillers Are There?
Boruto is an excellent follow-up to the events of Naruto. It shows the differences between the new and old generations that we all know and love.
But not every anime fanatic has the time to go through 166 episodes to check out the things that are only specific to Boruto's new Jougan forces. It can take days to read the clues in the episode.
When the anime catches up with the manga, fillers need to be added so that the source material has enough time.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations anime doesn't have a lot of fillers (contrary to popular belief). From episode 176, only 29 episodes are filler episodes.
These episodes give the supporting cast a new perspective and include various interactions with the originalNaruto characters! Some fans even say that few Easter eggs in the pens indicate future events.
If you're really skeptical about fillers, use the list below to skip them!
1. Boruto Anime Complete Filler List
canon: 19-23, 39, 53-59, 62-66, 148-151
Partly Canon: 18, 24, 51, 61, 93-95, 106-111
filler: 16, 17, 33, 40, 41, 48-50, 67-69, 96, 97, 104, 105, 113-119, 138-140, 152, 153, 155, 156
Anime exclusives: 1-15, 25-32, 34-38, 42-47, 52, 60, 70-92, 98-103, 112, 120-137, 141-147, 154, 157-176
2. What fillers can you skip?
Boruto fillers can be incredibly annoying if you're not a hardcore fan of the series. While some filler episodes are really worth watching, most of them are a complete waste of time.
Follow the list below to skip any useless episodes.
- Crisis: The Risk of Failure! (Episode 16)
- Run, Sarada! (Episode 17)
- Team 7: The First Mission (Episode 40)
- Strength in Unity (Episode 41)
- The Genin Documentary (episode 48)
- Wasabi and Namida (eps.49)
- The Chunin Exams: The Recommendation Meeting (episode 50)
- Super Cho-Cho butterfly mode! (Episode 67)
- Super Cho-Cho kiss mode! (Episode 68)
- Super Cho-Cho love break! (Episode 69)
- Blood, Sweat and Namida (episode 96)
- Shikadai's Decision (episode 97)
- A wound in the heart (eps. 105)
- The characteristics of a captain (episode 113)
- X cards proxy war! (Episode 114)
- Konohamaru and Remon (eps. 116)
- Remon's Secret (episode 117)
- Something that steals memories (episode 118)
- Konohamarus Ninja Way (eps.119)
- Hiashi's birthday (eps.138)
- The terror! Enko Onikuma (episode 139)
- The Mind Transfer Jutsu That Lost To Potato Chips (episode 140)
- Mitsuki's rainy day (eps. 155)
- I can't stay in my slim shape (episode 156)
3. Are Boruto Fillers Really Canon?
Filler lists for anime are usually created by the fans, not published by the studios.
For the most part, it's pretty easy to guess which episode is filler and which isn't, because if the anime doesn't follow a specific plot of the manga, that part becomes a filler.
However, in the case of Boruto, the manga shows us the highlights of the major anime arcs and therefore doesn't include everything from the manga itself.
The creators have even stated that the entire anime is canonical and ignores any episodes that have been labeled filler by fans.
The truth is that even though the filler episodes are not part of the manga, they are still canon because the Boruto manga and anime were initially autonomous.
Boruto Manga took some time to come up with new stories and didn't want the anime to overtake its current timeline. Hence, some parallel stories have been added to the anime.
You can still skip all of the filler episodes listed above as they don't affect the main story at all and are only there to provide additional information about the characters' backgrounds, and some even give character development to the cast.
4. About Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is written and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto and supervised by Masashi Kishimoto. It was serialized in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in June 2016.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the series that follows the exploits of Naruto's son Boruto during his academic days and beyond.
The series follows the character development of Boruto and the looming evil that the fate of him and his loved ones challenges.Originally written by Epic Dope
Sometimes we add links to online retail stores and / or online campaigns. When you click on one and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.
Don't miss a thing
You've scrolled this far, you could also sign up for anime messages in your inbox. Top weekly stories to keep you up to date.
An astrophile with a passion for bizarre anime. Take one stitch at a time and grow into a fine weaver of words.
Connect with me:
- What is a supercomputer made of?
- Do you have cars in Armenia
- How did Harry take Draco Malfoy's wand
- How do fashion trends stay current?
- Will Tech YouTubing ever cease to be popular?
- What percentage of people stutter heavily?
- Can a capacitor be charged with direct current
- What makes an artist unique
- How was the Rajya Sabha structured
- What is the oldest language known to mankind
- Weigh yourself too often
- Every veneer is unique
- What does flying mean
- Top coaching and placement institutes in Hyderabad
- You can buy RXP with Coinbase
- What does extraordinary mean?
- Which foreign nation scares you the most?
- What is your mantra to not give up
- What poisonous snakes are there in Colorado
- Jews were always diligent
- What is the science behind the engagement
- What's next for the post-merger force
- ZOOM is locked in China
- What is the origin of mirror neurons