Is the heart valve repairable?
Heart valve operations - which valve for whom and how?
Signs of a defective heart valve
Warning signals for a defective heart valve are for example
- a decreasing performance in everyday life
- Difficulty breathing during exercise
- newly appeared cardiac arrhythmias
- a feeling of pressure in the chest
With an ultrasound examination, a cardiologist can assess whether a possibly defective heart valve needs to be observed further or whether a minimally invasive heart valve operation is necessary soon.
Older patients are also increasingly making the decision to have an operation on their defective heart valve. In the past twenty years, minimally invasive heart valve operations in those over 80 have increased by more than 60 percent.
Replace defective heart valve biologically or mechanically
The best option is to surgically repair a broken heart valve. A repaired valve often lasts a lifetime. If this is not possible, an artificial valve must be inserted. There are two here Flap types:
- mechanical valve prostheses made of carbon
- biological valve prostheses.
The significant differences for the patient are:
- permanently durable
- only one operation necessary
- Disadvantage: the patient has to take blood-thinning agents such as Marcumar for life
- There is no need to take any medication.
- Disadvantage: The heart valve has to be replaced after an average of 15 years.
The trend is clearly towards the biological valve. The reason for this are the complications of taking the blood-thinning medication. If an elderly patient with a defective heart valve is unable to take their pills regularly because of dementia, it can be dangerous. There are also reasons against taking Marcumar in younger people with defective heart valves, for example if a patient wants to become pregnant.
Biological heart valves are increasingly being built in types without a rigid framework - the heart recovers faster and the valves last longer. The MEDICLIN Heart Center Lahr / Baden is a leader in the installation of such scaffold-free, biological heart valves.
- All programming languages have polymorphism why
- How are clauses in laws numbered
- How does a load balancer distribute the load
- Is Meghan Markle's father misunderstood?
- What do people get from corruption
- Atheists recognize that people need morality
- How can I lie about my actions?
- What are your favorite fitness blogs
- What is the CTET curriculum
- What are angle knots
- Are plants asexual?
- Why do people save themselves for marriage
- What is nerve paralysis
- How does nicotine affect the pineal gland
- Force is an object
- How do you repaint a garage floor
- Who defines, of course
- How is the library at Amity Gwalior
- When can you watch the Midway film online?
- Are there still girl scouts and brownies
- Should I listen to Gustav Mahler
- How strong is India in naval warfare
- Who is the Vice President
- 10 cbse board results are declared online
- What do covalent bonds form
- When does the vagina open at what age
- Why does celiac disease cause steatorhea
- What is the Quoras Agenda Who does it belong to
- What is an organic remedy for a sore throat
- India banned 500 and 1000 banknotes
- What is the currency of Hyrule called
- How are bicycle companies entrepreneurial
- What is the difference between epigenetics and Lamarckism