What are some tips for dancing kizomba
What is Kizomba?
Where does Kizomba come from? History of a musical culture
Kizomba - where does it come from? After all, the word doesn't sound that “Latin” at all, even if Kizomba is always counted among the Latin American dances - more on that later.
First of all, the conceptual clarification: Kizomba comes from Angola and developed in the 1980s and 1990s. And what does “Kizomba” mean? The word comes from the Kimbundu language (a Bantu language) of the Ambundu. About 25% of Angola belong to this ethnic group. The language is particularly widespread in the region around Luanda.
Angola used to be a Portuguese colony. This is important to understand how the kizomba came about. Because although Kizomba comes from Angola, it contains many elements from the Caribbean Zouk, but also the Haitian Kompa. (Post-) colonial relations have always favored the spread and mixing of the musical cultures of the Caribbean and South America with those in Africa.
In Angola, but also on Cape Verde, local African dances and musical styles mixed with the Zouk. In Angola, the mixture of Zouk and / or Kompa (depending on the Kizomba style) and Semba resulted in the Kizomba. Passada, Coladeira and Mazurka are recognizable as further influences.
It is interesting that Kizomba is often perceived as "Angolan music" and does not contribute little to the formation and confirmation of cultural identity. This typical appropriation of "different cultural" elements into something (apparently) original is typical for processes of identity formation.
In the country, which is still suffering from the consequences of the civil war, such identity-building processes are also politically wanted. The Ministry of Culture specifically promotes traditional arts in order to create a national identity.
It is precisely this that promotes alternative attempts by Angolans to find their own identity, independent of political programs. There is a very diverse alternative art and culture scene in Luanda in particular. The idea of Kizomba as "Angolan music" can also be seen in this more general context.
- How does the queen get to Balmoral
- Use an example to explain hive bucketing
- What kind of website would make billions
- Small amounts of deflation are good
- Autism has biological evidence
- What is clean water
- What are the dangers in nuclear war
- What is the USP of Bangalore City
- Why can't ACH transmissions happen immediately
- What makes Europe incredible
- Who writes the credits in films
- Who was Lakshmana's mother in Ramayana
- Why can't life just be perfect?
- What civilization invented the crossbow
- Tomestone Arizona is stuck in time
- How do I become a business professor
- How do we make our science strong?
- How do I exercise calm
- Can I change my DTH plan?
- Which IIT will JEE Main 2016 carry out
- Is beauty linked to fertility
- Play women fantasy football
- Is virtual reality really the future?
- Do you think Starbucks is overrated?