Why is Tylenol so dangerous
There is nothing to the warning against ibuprofen for corona infected people!
Unfortunately, rumors keep circulating that are particularly unsettling to chronic patients. With regard to misleading warnings about ibuprofen and anti-inflammatory drugs, the pulmonologists at the VPK want to clarify the following ...
Reliable medical tips are in times of CoronaCorona
at least as popular as toilet paper, as Werner Barten writes in the Süddeutsche Zeitung on March 19, 2020. Rumors are circulating on the Internet that if you suspect an infection with the new type of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, it is better not to take ibuprofen than to take paracetamol to reduce fever or pain.
How did that happen? As the dpa on March 17. reported, the virologist Jonas Schmidt-Chanasit from the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) assumes that "aspirin" (acetylsalicylic acid ASA) in particular, but also ibuprofen, could not be helpful in the case of Covid-19. Aspirin is known to inhibit blood clotting, which increases the risk of internal bleeding. With paracetamol from the group of analgesics, however, this is not the case.
However, at the time there were no studies that could prove that ibuprofen is associated with increased mortality after infection with SARS-CoV-2. Experts were still examining the situation. Nevertheless, the World Health Organization (WHO) now advised people suspected of being infected with the novel coronavirus against taking the drug ibuprofen without medical advice. "We advise taking paracetamol and not ibuprofen in suspected cases," explains WHO spokesman Prof. Dr. Christian Lindmeier. This relates exclusively to taking it without medical advice, i.e. self-therapy, he emphasizes.
There is now great uncertainty, especially among chronic patients who take ibuprofen. Especially since the French Minister of Health (on March 14, 2020 with a tweet) has generally warned against anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen. The national health director Jérôme Salomon had made a similar statement and then advised against taking so-called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in principle. In addition to ibuprofen and aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid, ASA), this group of active ingredients also includes diclofenac and coxibs.
That is why the pulmonologists want to make the following clear at this point: "You cannot lump all anti-inflammatory drugs and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) into one lump sum because there are the following differences," explains Dr. med. Thomas Voshaar, Chairman of the Board of the Association of Pneumological Clinics (VPK) and Chief Physician of the Lung Center at Bethanien Hospital in Moers:
- Ibuprofen has no relevant effect on blood clotting. But aspirin does: it inhibits the blood platelets (thrombocyte platelets
These are certain blood cells that play an essential role in blood clotting.
- Paracetamol is one of the analgesics and only lowers fever and relieves pain. In contrast, the non-steroidal pain relievers (ibuprofen, aspirin, diclofenac and the coxibs) also have an anti-inflammatory effect.
- If you just want something to relieve pain or reduce fever, you can also take paracetamol. But do you need such. B. in inflammation of the joints or something similar anti-inflammatory so ibuprofen, diclofenac and the coxibs are effective.
- Do you want to - z. B. Because of the above concerns - avoid ibuprofen, you can choose between diclofenac or coxibs. Paracetamol, on the other hand, is not anti-inflammatory.
In principle, chronic patients should not be unsettled, even in times of Corona, but should take their medication regularly as prescribed, ”advises Dr. Voshaar. In the meantime, the European Medicines Agency EMA has declared: There is no scientifically proven connection between taking ibuprofen and a more severe course of corona disease - see https://www.journalmed.de/news/lesen/Kein_Zverbindhang_Ibuprofen_Verschlechtung_COVID_19
And the WHO has withdrawn its warning - see https://www.br.de/nachrichten/wissen/coronavirus-und-ibuprofen-who-warnung-trotz-duenner-datenlage,RtVSKty
- How does pain turn into happiness?
- What is the ACT test for?
- Would Plato have liked American democracy
- What are some important tips for cornering
- Is there a future in SQL
- Zakat can be given to hospitals
- Why is California's air pollution so bad
- How many gaps are there in 3240 tiles
- Why is naturalism true
- Workday HCM continues its tremendous growth
- Sanskrit is older than we thought
- What is target calculation
- What's slick about iOS vs Android
- What are some IQ level IQs?
- Do you have mixed feelings?
- Can we make paper out of rubber trees?
- Yellow grass will turn green again
- What are the steps to build advertising
- What does spiritual descent mean
- Parents can legally take things away
- How is Hindustan Aerospace and Engineering College
- What is the most expensive comic
- What mechanisms enable snakes to predict earthquakes?
- Who was the major gangster in history