Change the notification settings for Quora Smart Filters
Turn off notifications in Android
One of the strengths of Android is the notification system. Unfortunately, some developers abuse its capabilities to annoy you with unnecessary messages. In the simplest case, you can get rid of these errors by uninstalling the associated app. But sometimes you have to rely on an app - and then what? We will show you how to get rid of annoying notifications in different versions of Android.
Turn off notifications in Android 11
The notification center has established itself as a collection point for new messages over the years. You can also find all notifications here in Android 11, simply by swiping over the upper edge of the display towards the center of the display.
To get rid of notifications from an app, you have three options: Either you swipe one of the messages in the app to the left, to the right, or you press and hold it. Then you will see three setting options:
- "Standard" is selected, i.e. the normal delivery of notifications is active for the app.
- Switch to "Silent" if you still want to see the messages in the Notification Center, but want to avoid the notification tones.
- With the "Priority" setting, messages are always displayed at the top and you will receive a notification of new messages even when "Do not disturb" mode is active.
You can access even more setting options by tapping the gear symbol at the top right. The specific options depend on the app selected. WhatsApp, for example, offers very extensive options. Here you can selectively switch many types of notifications on and off. Almost all apps offer one possibility: With the first button at the top you can get rid of all the hints, but you can also switch them on again if necessary.
Turn off notifications in Android 10.0
In Android 10, all the notifications you haven't seen can be found in the Notification Center. It is also the fastest way to get rid of notices from a particular app, or at least to reduce the number of glitches. Open the notification center by swiping the top of the display towards the center. Then swipe left on a notification from the app in question. This will cause a gear icon to appear that you tap. Now go to "Silent" if you will continue to see the notifications in the future, but do not want to be disturbed by ringing and vibrating.
Alternatively, there are two other options, namely the "Deactivate notifications" function at the bottom left and another gear icon at the top right.
Some app developers divide the messages into channels. This can be useful, for example, to receive notifications of new messages in WhatsApp, but to ignore the completion of a backup.
- At the bottom left, tap on "Turn off notifications" to see the channels the app offers. You can switch off the respective notifications using the switches to the right of the channels.
- Tap the gear in the top right to see all of the notification settings for the app.
Turn off notifications in Android 8.0 Oreo
In Android 8.0 Oreo, if you swipe from right to left over a message, two symbols will appear:
- You can turn off notifications using the gear. Android 8 gives app developers the ability to group messages into channels. Each channel can be switched on and off independently. With WhatsApp, for example, you can pass messages on chat messages, but suppress those for group chats.
- You can use the clock symbol to dormant notifications. They then appear again in the message center after the specified time, but are invisible in the meantime.
If necessary, you can see all channels offered by the respective app in the Android settings. To do this, open the settings and then go to "Apps & notifications", the desired app and then to "App notifications". Here you can unlock blocked channels again. You can find more tips in the guide to notifications in Android 8.
Turn off notifications in Android 7.0 Nougat
With Android 7.0, you can simply swipe away individual messages from right to left. If you do not pull your finger all the way to the left, you will get to further setting options. Here you can mute the app's messages or limit them to notices without sound.
The notifications are also reflected in the settings of Android 7.0. Open the settings and go to "Notifications". Then select "All Apps" from the menu at the top right. This way is helpful, for example, if you want to allow notifications to an app again. You can find even more about managing notifications in Android 7 in the linked article.
Turn off notifications in Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The highlight of Android 6.0 is the revised "Do not disturb" mode. With its help, you can bundle different types of notifications (appointments, alarm clocks, app notifications, etc.) and then switch them on and off automatically depending on the time and day of the week.
In addition, notifications for individual apps can be switched on and off entirely. You do this in the settings. There you tap on "Sound and notifications", on "Notifications" and then on "App notifications". Here go to the app you want and select the "Block all" option.
Tip: The app list can be filtered using the menu behind the small arrowhead at the top right. For example, you can focus on the apps whose notifications are currently blocked. By showing the system processes, you can also customize the notifications of the apps supplied.
Turn off notifications in Android 5.0 Lollipop
With Lollipop, central notification settings moved into Android for the first time. As soon as a message appears on the display, you can simply press and hold it. Then a link to the notification settings will appear - a shortcut to “Settings \> Sound & Notifications”. However, you can only switch hints on and off.
In addition, the messages of an app can be given a higher priority. This is useful if you occasionally set your mobile phone to only display messages with high priority. In this way, the volume of messages can be temporarily reduced. The corresponding option can also be found in the Android settings.
- Are brands built through advertising
- What's wrong with my sentence
- Mary Magdalene had children
- Who hanged Jesus?
- Dictionary books will disappear
- Has Cyanogen Inc already blown it
- What qualifies someone as a nutritionist
- Use an example to explain hive bucketing
- What is the ACT
- What is the highest level in Duolingo
- What is remustering
- Is electrical engineering for me
- Who are all designers at SoundCloud
- How do you analyze the bull or bear market
- Where can I study astrobiology
- What are biomolecules 3
- Japan is an offensive word
- What does Turkish Airlines' business class look like
- The first time was the best
- What knowledge-based software does Mailchimp use
- How do I meet Lady Gaga
- What is the importance of playing the guitar
- What is a block rotor test
- How do gas stations buy fuel