Are emergency lies considered as lies
White lies - silence instead of cheating
Whispering, deceiving, telling untruth - according to British experts, everyone lies around 200 times a day. Do lies really have to be?
Ms. Meier presents her new blouse in the office, which really doesn't suit her at all. Of course, nobody in the department dares to tell her the truth. "This is a nice top", "The color looks good on you" or "You should wear yellow more often" are instead answers that you give her when asked about the new item of clothing. Had someone had the courage to tell Ms. Meier that she made a bad choice, the house blessing would probably have gone wrong. So were the little lies justified?
Diplomatic white lie - Better alternative answers than direct whispering
Carolin Lüdemann, business coach and member of the German Etiquette Council, finds the casual approach to lies questionable: "A polite white lie certainly contributes to the fact that we deal more diplomatically with one another I doubt it. " If you don't want to alienate your counterpart, you should it is better to look for alternative formulations rather than resorting to a lie directlyso their advice. Children are much more creative in such cases. "When asked about the blouse, they would probably have asked where Ms. Meier had bought it - and that would have avoided a conflict." Carolin Lüdemann believes that not saying anything is always better than deliberately fooling someone.
The little falsehoods are particularly common in job interviews. "Pinocchio and Baron Münchhausen often sit across from each other here," the coach expert said. Because both sides want to achieve something in the conversation: The HR manager wants to present his company in the best possible light, the applicant does not want to reveal his weaknesses. It is sometimes exaggerated or the truth is a little overused. "It becomes critical when you really tell the wrong thing, because that is sure to be discovered," warns Carolin Lüdemann. As a result, both sides are unhappy because they expected something different from what they ultimately got - a breakup is programmed.
Liars are forgetful
It becomes even more dangerous when you immerse yourself in a white lie, "Because it's hard to remember your lies," said Lüdemann. If you are asked again weeks later about your statements, which were false at the time, you may gossip yourself and you will be exposed as a liar. So it is better to stay on the safe side and not even start fooling around. Because, as the English writer and philologist Samuel Butler said: "The best liar is the one who gets along with the fewest lies the longest."
By Sabine Olschner
- Is Tesla the best electric car company
- Versailles was a French territory
- Adhesions lead to surgery
- Makes stale bread a better toast
- What is the source of amniotic fluid
- What is a format
- How famous is Atatuerk in the world
- Why are feminists treated as aggressive people
- What do you order from Peets Coffee
- Why are you interested in the tax?
- Are you partially deaf
- Is Ennio Morricone a brilliant composer
- Which is better Amazon or Cognizant
- Is carob honey better than regular honey
- What is visually illusory
- How can Rwanda improve its economy
- What are the remedies of evil Venus
- A cinnamon allergy is common
- Why do historians reject moral presentism?
- Can Chase reopen a closed account?
- What's the best way to build testosterone
- What is the scientific reason for laughing?
- Muay Thai is a deadly martial art
- What are some ideas about online jobs
- What are Google Analytics and Google Verification
- Why can't Kanye West sing
- What exactly is background noise
- What is a pipe clamp
- What elements were discovered in India
- How does a stepper motor work 1
- How do I buy a condom
- Stole his style from Elvis Presley
- Why don't people connect
- Will Mumbai Indians enter the playoffs of this IPL