What year did George Romero die
"Zombie Father" George A. Romero is dead
"The world has lost a master," tweeted Zack Snyder. "It is difficult to put into words how much he inspired me and did for the cinema," added director colleague Eli Roth: Hollywood mourns the loss of George A. Romero, the father of the zombie film. "George A. Romero died on Sunday July 16 while listening to the soundtrack for 'The Winner', one of his favorite films, with his wife Suzanne Desrocher Romero and daughter Tina Romero by his side," wrote his manager Chris Roe on Facebook . The 77-year-old, who suffered from lung cancer, fell asleep peacefully.
With zombie films such as "The Night of the Living Dead" (1968) or "Dawn of the Dead" (1978), the New Yorker founded his own genre, which, despite initial criticism, quickly found many followers. Probably also because his bloody works often dealt critically with current problems and influences, such as the Vietnam War or excessive consumption. Although the filmmaker also tried other genres, such as the romantic comedy "There's Always Vanilla" (1971) or the drama "Knightriders" (1981), he never reached such a large audience as with his horror productions.
Romero's success was not reflected in major film awards, but Hollywood directors such as John Carpenter and Edgar Wright cite the horror pioneer as an influence and role model. Quentin Tarantino once said that the A. in George A. Romero did not stand for Andrew, but for "A fucking genius": a damned genius.
Romero has been married three times and has three children.
Source: teleschau - the media service
- Are you partially deaf
- How does Powerbeats3 compare to Bose Soundsport
- What are IBNR and IBNER claims
- How can I win a math competition
- Has Luis Suarez reached his full potential
- Is the ACT an IQ test 1
- Why do we have false memories
- Can anyone fail in 2018
- What is visually illusory
- What is the difference between education and brainwashing
- What do mythical creatures eat
- How many Pakistanis read English newspapers
- What are the overall effects of SAARC
- What is a Siamese cat breeder
- How do spacecraft avoid overheating?
- How important is psychology to diplomacy
- Why does Roger Scruton Schopenhauer not understand
- What programming language does PowerShell use
- Is math required to do CA
- Are there objective characteristics of physical attractiveness
- What are good alternatives to DocuWare?
- Where can I get bamboo plants online from
- Cough is a serious problem
- Has something happened to the bookmark function?