What is a H2O word
Water - what is it?
You drink water, you wash in water, and you can swim in the water. Water is important for all living things.
Water doesn't taste good. It doesn't smell and it's see-through. But what exactly is water?
Water is a substance. All substances consist of the smallest particles.
These particles are called atoms. You can't see atoms because they're very, very small.
Water is also made up of atoms.
Water is made up of two different atoms: the hydrogen atom and the oxygen atom.
So water is a molecule. Because molecules always consist of two or more atoms.
The chemical formula for water is called H2O. The water molecule has two hydrogen atoms (H) and one oxygen atom (O).
That is why the formula for water is called H2O.
By the way:
How big is an atom in terms of numbers?
An atom is 0.1 nanometers in diameter. That is 0.0000000001 meters.
You can see atoms if you have a very special microscope. For example the scanning tunneling microscope.
The German physicist Gerd Binnig invented the microscope. For this he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1986.
This is a model of the water molecule.
It consists of one oxygen atom and two hydrogen atoms.
The hydrogen atoms are slightly positively charged. The oxygen atom is slightly negatively charged.
The atoms attract each other like a magnet.
Do you know that?
Click the correct answer.
- What's the best book on day trading
- Do you have mixed feelings?
- Is Amazon richer than Snapdeal
- Why does ash never keep its Pokemon
- Which CAD is necessary for mechanical engineering
- What color is gold
- Can I withdraw from Admob without Adsense
- How do I derive the compound interest formula
- Whose Jennifer Aniston's mother
- What does magnum with belt mean?
- Where can I find metallurgy and books
- When was sonar invented?
- Why do people shed their skin
- What modern scientific theories should I know?
- Is it worth learning programming languages
- What happened to Monica Lewinsky
- How is a wooden floor made
- Is the environment important when learning
- What is a binary cellular automaton
- Where is the SSC certificate
- Is poo edible
- Google offers will kill Groupon
- What's the cheapest MacBook in 2020
- Explain the practical application of the binary numbering system
- How spontaneous are people in western countries
- Should I have lip reduction surgery?
- Has Bahamas cars
- What is the full form of MRS
- How is folklore like mythology?
- Is self-actualization bullshit
- Will CTS rethink the DOJ
- Are people serious when they eat gold?
- How common is color blindness
- ZOOM is locked in China