What are the disadvantages of air conditioning
Air conditioning in the house: the pros and cons
If the heat in summer is unbearable again, there is nothing better than entering an air-conditioned room. But air conditioning technology does not only have advantages.
Types of air conditioners
Air / water system or pure air system
Normally, a Air / water system installed, which was designed from window cooling units. The pure air system is only used for large rooms such as cinema or concert halls.
Source: bigstockphoto.com - Stock Photo ID: 3494201 Copyright: egorov1976
The central air conditioning
With a central air conditioning system, the Supply and exhaust air centrally regulated. Several air ducts are distributed away from it in the spaces provided for them. This type of air conditioning is particularly suitable for buildings that are prone to mold (passive houses, zero energy houses). The central air conditioning system not only controls the temperature, but also the humidity and the filtering of the supply air. All of this happens in a designated area where the noise development does not interfere. Because the technology is mostly concentrated in a single room, this type of air conditioning system is much easier to maintain.
If you opt for a central air conditioning system, you should, in the best case scenario, already begin laying the air ducts during the New building make. An installation in the existing building is possible, but can lead to unplanned additional costs.
The decentralized air conditioning
The decentralized air conditioning system is suitable for cooling and ventilating a single room. These too mobile air conditioner can be both an air / water system and a pure air system. This style is for that Retrofitting particularly recommended as no air ducts have to be laid. The disadvantage: Due to the possibility of exhaust air, they can only be installed in rooms close to the house facade. The exhaust air is led outside through a hose with a taper. This monoblock system is also there to humidify and dehumidify, filter and control the air temperature. One disadvantage is that Noise developmentwhich can potentially become uncomfortable in the rooms. In addition, this type of room cooling is not particularly energy efficient. They are also unsuitable for large rooms.
All air conditioning systems must direct the heated exhaust air into the open. Source: bigstockphoto.com - Stock Photo ID: 147177209 Copyright: mileatanasov
A decentralized air conditioning system is available in stores from 300 euros. The more powerful version with air / water cooling can be purchased from around 800.00. The more expensive version works more efficiently and has a better relationship between connection and cooling capacity.
In contrast to the monoblock devices, split devices work very efficiently. It is also counted among the decentralized air conditioning systems. It is a split air conditioning system that basically works no different from a split refrigerator. The noise level is also similar to the level of noise generated by a refrigerator. The cooling surface is attached inside the room, the heat-dissipating surface outside. There are devices whose surface is set up outdoors and there are devices that can be mounted on the window. The split parts are connected by pipes in which a refrigerant flows. The disadvantage of such devices is the increased Assembly effort.
USB air conditioner
As the smallest air conditioner in the world, the USB air conditioner “Evapolar” is now available in stores for around 240 euros. It cools in a range of approx. 3 - 4 m2. The hip cube is supplied with micro-USB and distributes the air evenly, humidifies it and purifies the surrounding air. Evapolar works with Evaporative cooling. It is an energy-saving, cost-efficient device with a particularly long service life. This small air conditioner is particularly suitable for the workplace.
Up and coming: solar cooling
Cooling without CO2 emissions and with low power consumption can be achieved by means of Solar systems to be installed. In this case, sunlight is converted into cold. At the moment, however, the system is still too expensive for private households. But this technology is being diligently refined.
What to look for when buying an air conditioner
- Pay attention to the cooling capacity of the device. The lower this is, the more electricity the air conditioning system consumes.
- Determine the cooling performance using your room and window size.
- Note both the energy label and the power consumption (given in kWh / 60min) to determine the energy efficiency.
- What is the formula for the volume density?
- Is a fully self-driving Tesla legal
- How do you test initiative
- What are some great new ideas
- How can I contact Lady Gaga
- Why wisdom teeth are called that
- Publishers should create their own digital bookstore
- Are igneous rocks defined as intrusive why
- Did OkCupid work well for you
- Have you ever been to Okinawa
- How is a pre-revenue startup rated
- Can drive a car on vodka
- Who is the owner of Skoda
- What is the full form of STK
- Does Instagram still have our personal data
- Where can I repair dreadlocks in Bangkok
- Let chatbots replace call centers
- What is the mechanism of epilepsy
- How badly it is to forget things
- How is consumer behavior in Australia
- What would a 1200 watt generator run
- How many ideologies are there in Buddhism
- Have you ever really hated your accent?
- Can my dog run a marathon