Where is India's supercomputer PARAM
India puts its newest supercomputer into service
After India was unable to acquire a supercomputer from the USA due to export restrictions in 1988, the C-DAC launched its own development program. This gave birth to the first Indian supercomputer PARAM (PARAllel Machine). Since then, 52 units have been installed mainly in India, but also in Canada, Germany and Singapore. The supercomputers are characterized by an extremely low price. For example, the latest addition, the "Param Padma" costs only about 5 million US dollars, half of what an equivalent system costs on the market. On the other hand, the computing power of just one teraflop appears low compared to the fastest supercomputer, the "Earth Simulator" in Japan with its almost 36 teraflops.
For the first time, IBM's Power4 will be used instead of SUN's UltraSparc-II processors. It is an SMP supercomputer. Linux or AIX is used as the operating system, whereby 62 × 4 nodes can be used under AIX and 8 × 4 nodes under Linux. These nodes are connected by a newly developed full duplex switch with 2.5 GBit / s. Primarily 5 Tbytes are available as data storage, the capacity can be expanded to 22 Tbytes. Further specifications are available from C-DAC. (svh)Read comments (79) Go to the homepage
- What is the height of Avneet Kaur
- Why is traffic important to websites
- Practicing yoga every day can make you slim
- When was sonar invented?
- What's your weird Amazon Alexa story
- Why do negative thoughts come true
- Who is your favorite French actor?
- What is Cowboy Junkie's most successful song
- How has your body changed after pregnancy
- Is physiotherapy suitable for girls
- Is there a PUBG Lite app
- Christians can study magic
- How will Sarada unlock her Sharingan
- How tough are the people in NYC
- What is business psychology
- What were Ares powers
- What is the definition of the corresponding angle
- How to prevent chronic diseases
- Can someone be a writer
- Should a man shave pubic hair
- How can one interact with human behavior
- What is parthenocarpy
- What does America despise most?
- How can Google be important to business