What is there something interesting to write about
Questions to ask a girl
Tired of the same old small talk questions? Here are 200+ interesting and engaging questions to ask a woman to get to know her better.Conversation starter👇
Starting a conversation is always a challenge. That's why we created this list of over 200 compelling questions you can ask a girl. But don't forget to always ask a few follow-up questions to keep the conversation going and create an even stronger connection between you.
List of questions to ask a girl
This first list of questions to ask a girl is a great way to start your conversation and get to know each other a little better.
1. What do you wish people would stop asking?
In every situation there are certain questions that one hears over and over again. Whether it is questions about future plans, living conditions or personal issues, everyone hears the same again and again.
2. What's the childish thing your parents do?
It really doesn't matter how old someone is because everyone does childish stuff. Sometimes these things are funny, sometimes selfish, painful, or embarrassing.
Either way, she's probably never heard this question before, and it can lead to fascinating answers!
3. What is your favorite show?
That is certainly a pretty common question. But if you enjoy watching the same show, you have a lot to talk about. And if you haven't seen them yet, you've received a great suggestion. Plus, I'm sure she can tell you a lot about it if you don't know about it.
4. What would be the last place you would go?
There is no way of predicting what the answer will be. Here you can get pretty creative or take the question very literally. The answer might take a little time to ponder, but it turns out great.
5. What have you left completely behind you?
Even with this question, you can't predict anything, because the answer can go in all conceivable directions. She could be talking about a current fad, friendship, anything.
Whatever she's going to talk about, we all love to talk about things that get on our nerves - and certainly she, too!
6. What do you keep remembering?
This question is perfect for learning a little more about them. Whether it's a serious memory or something from the past that just stuck, this question opens a great window into your world.
Be careful, however, as this question can quickly lead you in a very serious direction. That, of course, depends on the memory she wants to share with you.
7. What is your most irrational fear?
This question can get really funny or weird. Either way, it's a fun question that most people are very happy to answer. Who knows, maybe you share the same fear!
8. What was the most ridiculous argument you've ever had?
I can almost certainly guarantee that this question will lead to a funny story. A story that she will love to tell and that you will love to hear. Surely you both have loads of these laughable arguments up your sleeve, especially with siblings.
9. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
A rather serious question, but it can turn into a great conversation. It also teaches you more about her and why she is what she is.
10. What gradually became socially acceptable?
This is how you learn which movements it supports or does not support. But actually this question is more intended to start an interesting discussion about society.
Don't forget, however, that it is perfectly okay for people to have different opinions than you. This is not supposed to become a debate. Don't try to convince them that you are right and that they are not.
11. Which pictures or paintings had a big influence on you?
She's probably never asked this question before, and probably never thought about it. But I can almost guarantee that a few examples will come to mind when you ask this question. This question is also great because you can easily look at the pictures on your mobile phone. Chances are you're seeing some cool paintings that you weren't even familiar with.
12. Which film or book character do you resemble the most?
This question shows you a lot about how she looks at herself or who she looks up to. There is a reason why these quizzes are so popular on Buzzfeed.
You can also split this question into two parts: what character she would like to be and which one she actually resembles. The only way to ask this question is which novels or films she likes and which characters in them appeals to her the most.
13. Which part of your culture do you like the most and which the least?
Our culture very much determines who we are - and it won't be any different with her. This question can get a little deep, but it feeds the ground for a fruitful conversation. So dive into the topic of culture and see where you agree and where you don't. You can ask a lot of follow-up questions here. Don't forget to listen and keep asking questions. Don't just think about what to say next.
14. What's the best and worst about being a woman?
A great question that I am sure she will have a lot to say about. If you are very into female body processes, you may want to skip this question. But who knows, maybe you’ll learn something that you didn’t know yet?
There is also a lot of potential here to ask follow-up questions and learn more. But yeah, if it's too much about her body, then maybe you shouldn't dig too hard. But a lot can be asked about the positive things. You can also chat about the positives of being a man.
15. Which random stranger has had the greatest impact on your life?
She will probably have to ponder something about this question, since it is not an ordinary one. But it can be great fun and thought-provoking. She can also tell a story from her past that has influenced her to this day, which is always good to know.
To keep the conversation going, don't forget to ask a few detailed questions. Ask about other random strangers who have had an impact on their lives or share your own stories.
16. What accomplishments are you proud of that most people would find silly or weird?
This question is great for finding out more about who she really is and what she finds interesting or funny. Don't forget a few questions of detail.
17. Which age was the best fashion?
Not all girls are into fashion, but a certain number do. Even if she doesn't care, she might still like this question. It's probably something she has an opinion about but has never been asked about. Also, to broaden the conversation, you could ask what the different ages were like for the different genders.
18. What silly or funny thing makes you scared?
This question is funny because it doesn't dive too deeply into the terrain of fear and still can produce a strong reaction. You can talk about why and if she has some funny stories about it. You can also talk about more serious fears afterwards if you want. But don't force yourself, you can stick to the amusing phobias.
19. How quickly do you form an opinion about people?
This question is a great way to find out something about how she sees other people and what prejudices she has. You can also ask what she thought the first time she saw you or first met you. Or you ask what are the deceptive signs that someone is good or bad.
20. How would the world change if there really were superheroes and supervillains?
With this question the creative juices surge up. I'm sure you both could come up with some fun and interesting superpowered situations. Sure, she may not be really interested in comics and superhero films, but with this topic popping up more and more in movies these days, she'll find this question at least very interesting. But if you know she doesn't like movies like this, better skip this question.
21. What would your strategy be for surviving an apocalyptic epidemic?
Another question that might be a bit weird, but I'm sure we've all thought about it before. Especially since post-apocalyptic series, films and books are very popular right now. This topic is very easy to expand into a long conversation and is great for philosophizing about which strategy is better or worse for the particular scenario. There are even a bunch of books that have been written on the subject. So there's a lot to talk about - especially if you're both into post-apocalyptic subjects.
22. What would be the most important change in the school system in your country?
A more serious question that lets you see how important social change is to you and what your political stance is. You may also find out that she doesn't care. Either way you will learn a lot. With this question you can easily drift in other directions and talk about different ideas and their limits.
23. What thing will you regret in the future since you have not started it and which one do you regret now that you have not started it much earlier?
Procrastination, a buzzword that applies to all of us. With this question you will find out how much she postpones things and what her goals are or what she finds important. But save yourself any comment. For one thing, she'll feel bad enough about it, for another, you're probably not a bit better. If you have similar goals, you can have a great conversation about what you want to achieve in the future. You can also complain about how much there is always to be done.
24. If you could transplant your brain into a robot and live forever through it, would you do it?
That question involves a lot of great philosophical questions wrapped up in a fun hypothetical one. Here you could talk about what makes a person a person or what the disadvantages of eternal life are. Or how cool it would be to be in a robot that can shoot lasers around!
25. If you could replace the handshake as a greeting, what interesting new greeting would you replace with?
That's a rather silly question, but it can be really fun. Plus, it'll be twice as fun if you both try different new greetings. Tried a secret handshake or elbow high fives. The only limit is your creativity.
26. Who was the worst guest in your home and what did they do?
This question is usually followed by a funny story. And she will almost certainly be delighted to get on with it, as it will get her rid of a great anecdote. Encourage them to give lots of details and ask lots of questions.
27. When does time go by the fastest and when is the slowest for you?
What does she enjoy and what does she not? You could ask for examples or give some activities, and she'll tell you whether she likes them or not.
28. What always sounds like a good idea at first, but is it in the rarest of cases?
This is just a fun mental exercise when you cheer each other on with funny anecdotes. There are certainly tons of examples from both of you. Observe what comes to your mind and who has experienced the craziest stories.
29. Are humans and animals fundamentally different? If so, what makes us different?
Boa, what's this serious question doing here? Well, prepare to talk to a bunch of faux pas like religion and other topics where opinions differ widely. This question shouldn't be asked lightly, so choose the time wisely or skip this question. There's nothing wrong with keeping a conversation relaxed, but so far I've always valued a deep conversation. So dive in or skip them, it's up to you.
30. If you could have a single sentence broadcast on every television and radio channel in the world that would also be translated into the language of the country, which sentence would you choose?
A question that begs for creativity. You can name a lot of sentences here, all of which would have a different effect. You could steer it in a humorous or serious direction - or a combination of both. However she answers that question, don't forget to ask why and find out more. Think of a few examples yourself and try to think of one who would have the most impact on the world or get the funniest result.
31. What fact about yourself are you really surprised about that more people don't know?
Who doesn't love finding out new facts about someone? Also think about a few facts about you that she doesn't yet know. With this question, each of you learn something new and you can have fun chatting about a few little things. Just don't forget to talk a little about each fact before you trumpet the next one.
32. What are you really passionate about and what would you like to be a little more passionate about?
I love this question because it reveals the core of a person, or at least how they see themselves. This way you can see where the interests are and what the person would like to be. With this question, you might even be able to see in which direction she would like to steer her life.
33. What was your best comeback?
That's a clever and often hilarious question. She probably has a pretty good story about it. You can also do your own for the best. I mean, who doesn't like to hear stories about great catch-ups?
34. Which person have you not spoken to or seen in a long time and hope that they are okay?
Another question that explores the past a little. Perfect for getting to know you better. Most likely you do not know the person, but they are definitely not important to the other person for no reason.
35. What is something that you have never been good at?
Sharing mistakes and imperfections is a great way for two people to get closer. Be supportive and don't make fun of it - that will only ruin the purpose of this question.
36. Who is the most humble person you know?
A rather random question, but one that gives you a great insight into the people she surrounds herself with and looks up to.
37. What was the silliest reason why someone you knew completely freaked out?
Another one of the questions that a great story has to answer. I'm sure you have a great story about it that you could share. Great for laughing together and keeping the conversation going.
38. What is most likely the most annoying thing?
We are all annoyed now and then. Now you can experience what's on your mind. It is probably a good idea to take what is being said seriously and avoid doing it in their presence. There is a good chance that you both find a few things bothersome at once, and finding common ground is never wrong.
39. What is the weirdest tradition in your family?
Now I think there is no such thing as a normal family. There are strange traditions and customs in every family. Sometimes people find out very late that other families don't even have their rituals and traditions.
So this is a great question because you can learn a lot about her family and how they grew up. There are also some things you can say about your family.
40. If you could choose whoever, dead or alive, who should lead our country?
This question could wander in a political direction, but it is more likely to evoke something creative.She can tell you a lot about which direction she thinks the country should go - or whether she's interested in politics at all.
41. Which app on your mobile phone would you like to use more?
An alternative to the question about your favorite app. We all have some apps on our phones (often self-optimization or education apps) that we've never really used.
It is also very easy to start a conversation about apps.
42. Who of the people you have met was craziest for power?
Perhaps a bit of a strange question that I've pondered for a long time, should I even put it here? But she might tease out an interesting story, so I decided to leave her inside.
Just skip them if you find them boring or if you think they would find them boring.
43. Which world-famous monument do you not need to see?
Quite a random question, but great for finding out what interests you. There are sure to be some interesting answers coming your way here and you can learn a lot about how much she enjoys or hates traveling.
44. What thing do you think people don't really like, they just pretend or tell themselves they like it?
A perfect question to find out which trends she doesn't believe in. Certainly not a normal question, but certainly an interesting answer to it.
45. Which joke went way too far?
It can get dark here quickly, depending on the story she wants to tell. Still a great question that can bring up interesting anecdotes.
46. What little signs show that a guy is scary?
We all know people who are a little scary. But what makes it scary? Or are they just a little messed up socially? This question can really create a great conversation about how we see people.
47. What is your very first memory?
A little question that probably won't tell you much about her, but it can still be fun. After all, we all like to talk about ourselves.
48. What was in the presence of a swarm
the most embarrassing thing you did or said? It can get really embarrassing here. Maybe she doesn't want you to know, but if she does, this question will make a great story. However, once you get to know her, feel free to skip this question.
49. Who is your favorite actor / actress?
Again a more common question, but one that can tell you which films it likes. It can also serve as a starting point if you think the same person is great.
Furthermore, this question can be used as a stepping stone for the topic of films in general - because who is not into films?
50. What does not exist that you absolutely want / need?
Ideal for a few creative answers and a little brainstorming. It's always fun to think about things that would be solutions to problems.
Also, you can both complain about problems that are currently without a solution.
151 bonus questions to ask a girl
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 1)
- Which car is so ugly that you are really surprised that it was put into production?
- If you were forced to create a new dance move, what would it look like and what would you call it?
- What piece of clothing did you see that you really wanted to have?
- If everything in your house was just one color, what would it be?
- What did you completely change your mind about and end up believing the exact opposite?
- What was the silliest thing you've done in the past 24 hours?
- What are common things these days that will be expensive antiques in the next century?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard that tears came to you?
- If you could create a bespoke organ for yourself, what would it do and where would it sit?
- What was the strangest thing you saw on someone else's cell phone?
- What example can you think of of “Curiosity is the death of a cat”?
- If you were given € 100,000 that you could only invest in upgrading your shower or bathtub, what would you improve?
- How determined or indecisive are you?
- In which areas of your life do you have high hopes and which are they?
- What was the worst book you had to read in school?
- Which animal is surprisingly not yet extinct?
- What's strange about you
- What's your story
- What was an innocent mistake of yours that had dramatic consequences?
- If you fell into a coma and woke up in 2120 what would be the first thing you would want to know?
- What would be the most polarizing question to ask a group of your friends?
- Which country do you know next to nothing about apart from the name?
- What shouldn't have happened, but is it anyway?
- What strange smell do you really like?
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 2)
- What traits are people proud of that they shouldn't be proud of?
- What is something weird that you recommend everyone to try at least once?
- What is something terrible that we humans have simply accepted - quasi: “That's just the way it is” - but actually doesn't really have to be like that?
- If you found out that in exactly one year you were going to drop dead, what would you change about your life?
- If everyone had to wear a warning label, what would yours say?
- If you were given $ 5,000 to make as many people as possible as happy as possible, what would you do?
- When you look back on your life so far, what has satisfied you the most?
- Which accent does your language sound best with?
- What character traits do you associate with certain names?
- What was a huge thing when it happened that almost nobody thinks about today?
- What do you love about yourself
- Most people have reasons why they would like to be rich. Why would you like to be rich? What would be the biggest advantage of that?
- What would you do if one day you woke up and every single person just disappeared?
- What sentence can you form that makes perfect sense right now, but would sound completely crazy 20 years from now?
- What would you do if someone left a € 2,000,000 duffel bag in front of your door?
- What kind of old person do you want to be?
- Which job will not be replaced by machines or computers anytime soon?
- When do you feel old
- What kind of design style do you like the most? Regarding architecture, interior design, art, cars, cell phones or whatever.
- What's in your pockets right now?
- If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- What snack can't you get enough of?
- What was the best decision you ever made?
- When were there situations that you had to deal with a second time?
- If some people find that the color red stands for aggression and passion, blue for sadness, green for jealousy and envy, what feelings would the colors purple, purple, turquoise, silver and brown represent?
- Where do you like to walk
- What disappoints you every time, what never?
- What's your favorite non-drug or alcohol-related high?
- How do the social environments for children in schools differ today from those ten or twenty years ago?
- Which person you know is the most lucky?
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 3)
- What would be the cutest infestation you could have in your house?
- What is this age the golden age of?
- If you had to choose your spouse based on just one question, what question would it be?
- What strange childhood fear do you still have?
- What would you like to experience again?
- What got you white hot most when you had to make it or assemble it?
- When you were a kid, what movie did you watch over and over again?
- Which complex fictional character is it that fascinates you right?
- What was the funniest thing you saw a relative do?
- What would you do if you knew one hundred percent and were certain that World War III would begin in three months?
- If you were an action figure, what bells and whistles would you be sold with?
- What was the biggest waste of money you've ever seen?
- What is the only thing that someone who grew up in your area understands?
- Which do you prefer: to be warmed up when you are too cold or to be cooled down when you are too hot?
- What would be the worst thing you could put in a piñata?
- If everything were measured, what status values in your life would you like to see?
- What's the best ice cream topping?
- What options would you get if you could right-click people?
- What gets stranger the longer you think about it?
- What was the worst thing you heard one person say to another?
- Let's assume you give names to objects, what are the names of some of the objects that you have or have had? (e.g. cars, computers, shoes, cell phones, etc.)
- If you were to inherit a private jet from a stranger, what would you do with it?
- Who is or was your biggest rival?
- What would make the world more interesting if it were a different color?
- What did you eat regularly as a child that you now shudder when you think about it?
- Who was the most spoiled person you have ever met?
- What do you think about while you shower?
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 4)
- Which piece of culture or which trend has died that you would like to see a comeback?
- If you devoted your life to solving one problem, what would it be?
- What's your favorite souvenir that you own?
- Who still alive would you like to have dinner with?
- What thing are you too old to care about?
- If you could search someone's email inbox without them ever knowing, who would you be spying on?
- What is something couples do that seriously annoys you?
- What have you been obsessed with recently?
- Aside from a pay rise or vacation time, what is the best a company can offer its employees?
- What really happened that was previously thought to be unrealistic and absurd?
- Have you ever worked in sales?
- How do you prefer to get to know new people?
- What event would you like to know the whole truth about?
- What was your best prank or the best you've seen?
- What was the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- What do people automatically assume when they look at you?
- What will be the next retro thing to make its comeback?
- What is the word that sounds most unpleasant to you?
- What makes a person a “good” person?
- What would the trailer for your life look like?
- What movie was great when it came out but has aged terribly?
- What was the worst that one of your school books falsely claimed or left out entirely?
- What are long-outdated customs that no longer make sense, but which people still simply follow out of tradition?
- What would you like more time for?
- What was the most ridiculous thing you could convince a person to be true?
- What was the most embarrassing item that fell out of your bag?
- What are you most grateful for?
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 5)
- What was the last disaster that you could prevent?
- Who do you make happy
- What would you do if you fell madly in love with someone on the internet but discovered that it is an artificial intelligence that was created by the government but has fled and now lives online?
- When was the last time you got a gut feeling about something that turned out to be true? When did you go wrong with your gut feeling?
- If you could learn a truth about yourself, history, the world, or even the universe, what would you choose?
- What are you looking forward to like a schnitzel?
- What do you do that would be considered more conservative as “male”?
- What would you have liked to have known when you were younger?
- What was the most disappointing ending to a great book / movie / game?
- What would you really like to know?
- What website or app has completely improved or made your life worse?
- What could you babble about all day?
- What did you learn recently that you should have known a long time ago?
- What skill do you wish people should devote more time to learning?
- If money wasn't a problem, which company would it be fun to work at?
- What's your main reason for climbing out of bed in the morning?
- What is something from your childhood that was once very common, but is now quite rare?
- What jobs exist only because people are selfish?
- What is going on in pop culture right now that is taken very seriously but will be considered pretty silly in 20 years' time?
- What is the worst quality a person can have?
Bonus questions to ask a girl (part 6)
- What was the best joke gift you've ever seen or received?
- What's the biggest lie anyone has told you?
- What is surprising about you
- What's your “And Worse” story?
- What really exists that is closest to magic?
- What was the last or best time that someone said something that they assumed you couldn't hear or understand, but you could very well?
- Which dream or nightmare do you remember best?
- What's the best thing you can say to someone to cheer them up?
- What silly thing were you terrified of as a kid?
- Which film have you seen more than seven times?
- What would be the scariest text message to wake up to?
- If you could hear every time someone said something good or negative about you, what would you choose?
- What does nobody want to hear, but should everyone?
- What question have you always wanted to ask, but were you too ashamed or afraid to look stupid?
- What song can you sing that I would know in just two words?
- What do you think of books?
- What is romanticized in modern culture, but really shouldn't be?
- Which cheesy song do you love?
- Which movie did you start thinking it was horrible to watch but which ended up being really good?
- What was your worst phase that you had to go through?
- What's your best life hack that is ethically gray?
✍️ July 13, 2020
- Are we in space
- What is paranormal activity? Is there a ghost
- What is the secret of selling
- Why didn't Hagrid like Winky
- Provides Y Combinator funding for startups
- Can we buy iPhone headphones separately
- Which tournament should I play
- Does the fast game affect the rank in Overwatch
- How do I stop hating lesbians
- How should marketers use Twitter
- Which plant inspires you the most
- What is the Schwinger Limit
- What does Jake Williams look like
- Is climate change good
- How many different drugs cause withdrawal symptoms
- How does a rocket stove work
- Where can I find metallurgy and books
- Where does the name Courtney come from
- Is whitepages legal
- Where is Zanzibar 1
- India banned 500 and 1000 banknotes
- Why do you like computer programming
- What are the best whiteboards
- What is the moon made of?