How do you strategize with segmentation data
Historical development of marketing
Marketing was born in Germany in 1893 with the invention of baking powder by Dr. Oetker. For the first time, the customer was offered a product through mass advertising that made work easier that had not been needed until then.
Marketing through the ages
As Manfred Bruhn describes, marketing in Germany has gone through various stages of development over the past few decades. From product orientation in the post-war period to competitive orientation in the 90s to network orientation. Since 2010 the focus has been on Web 2.0 and the multitude of social networks.
- 1950: product orientation
pure production; due to enormous demand in the post-war period
- 1960: sales orientation
from production to sales
- 1970: market orientation
Market segmentation; Specialization on individual needs
- 1980: competitive orientation
Emphasis on unique selling points
- 1990: Orientation towards the environment
Reaction to ecological, political, technological or social changes
- 2000: Dialogue orientation
interactive alignment of communication through the Internet, e-mails
- from 2010: network orientation
Web 2.0, social networks, word of mouth
Marketing 3.0 - from customer to person
As Philip Kotler explains in "The New Dimension of Marketing", Marketing has evolved from Marketing 1.0 to Marketing 3.0.
Similar to Manfred Bruhn's description, Marketing 1.0 initially focused on product orientation. Customers are seen as uniform groups with similar needs.
Marketing 2.0 already focused on the customer and customer loyalty. The goal was to reach the head and heart of the target group.
Today we have come to Marketing 3.0 or value communication. Marketing 3.0 pursues a holistic approach with value orientation, in which the focus is on people with needs, expectations and values.
You can find more on the subject of communication of values in our book "smart TARGETING".
More blog articles on marketing with values you'll find here.
- Why are some men unable to satisfy their women?
- What is social dynamic
- Can we strive for equality without democracy?
- Why can't forces be seen
- What kind of act do women send
- How can I love the woman again
- What animal can die from eating chocolate?
- What do you think of predestination
- What is Chekhov's weapon
- What is an ISP changer
- What do you feed a pet crow?
- Why can't I digest high protein
- Bookkeeping is an important skill
- Why are people allowed to breathe
- What was your experience fighting addiction
- How does Amazon Publishing 1
- Loves Wall Street Trump
- Can I soundproof an apartment under 4000?
- Is Jim Thorpe a real person
- How do I read old Snapchats
- How many Christmas films are there
- How are sharpening stones made
- Is it wrong to eat oysters and clams?
- What is notice of termination
- When did Stephen Hawking die?
- What are the qualities of coarse aggregate
- Replace e-wallets with the actual wallet
- What is a DC motor with encoder
- What problems do novice bloggers have when blogging
- What is a house deed
- Where are the sex joints in Mumbai
- How do I sell my old computer
- What are your favorite djent bands
- The oceans are gradually getting salty