What are the limitations of the MOS transistor
Limitations of MOSFET Pair Current Mirrors
simulate this circuit - scheme created with CircuitLab
Are there any known drawbacks to simple MOSFET pair current mirrors like the NMOS version above that need to be considered? For example, the above example doesn't perfectly reflect the current (I really don't know as the LTSpice-Sim works perfectly).
I close the discussion about parameter mismatch between the MOSFET pairs (V_TO, λ, K etc) and the condition I_REF ≤ V1 / R_LOAD, but more about Noise or preload or similar.
What I mean is is this just an average as a current reflection? Just like a common drain Sorting in Average has a voltage gain of a little less than one?
What about the frequency response? Can MOSFET pair current mirrors reach the GHz range? Or is it pointless to ask? Is this the simplest MOSFET based current mirror?
One of the reasons could be that the right side resistance is different than the left side mirror because you have an extra load. This would therefore lead to a slight deviation in the mirrored current. Or the mosfet on the right is not saturated! Because 100mA is a lot of current and the voltage it would produce at the gate of the left mosfet would be high so Vds of the right mosfet is small compared to Vgs (since the same Vgs is given to the right mosfet) so place the right one Mosfet in the triode region. Check to see if the mosfets are saturated first. If so, the deviation is only due to differences in Vds from the two transistors.
M1 and M2 have DS voltages that are very different so you cannot expect your simulated current gain to be one. A cascode scheme would work better. In the 1980s I lashed some BJT current mirrors with discrete BD139 to produce 200mA. The results were terrible. Mosfets have worse spreads than BJTs. So if you build these in any quantity it would be a manufacturing disaster. Plug some min / max gate-source threshold voltages into your simulation and see for yourself. Source resistors will help, but their values will be wastefully high if you want to gain unit accuracy.
There are A Bias issue you may encounter with these. You can exceed the Vgs limits for M1. Remember you biased the drain and gate to the same voltage, where Vds = Vgs
- Why do trading systems have a black background
- What is array_udiff in PHP
- When do the muscles grow after exercise
- How do I install NPM 1
- How do I download the IEEE Spectrum Magazine
- What is UI development
- What are some gifted and talented insights
- How can I pay e challan online
- How does our soul bring us to life
- What is event styling or event design
- What is Lisina in Russian
- What are the NASA launch pads made of
- Vaporizes Big Tobacco's bait and changes
- Why weren't the Byzantines Roman?
- Which is better Ramjas or Kirorimal
- All plants need chlorophyll
- What is naltrexone prescribed for
- Why does Google reward memorization
- How many wives did Henry VIII have?
- Could there be a gay gang?
- What calculations do opticians have to make
- How are unregistered NBFCs regulated
- Helps Benadryl sleep
- Have you already started your Christmas shopping?