What is EO in a blood test
Eosinophil granulocyte in the blood smear © Dr. Gerhard Weigl
The eosinophils are involved in the defense against parasites (e.g. worms and lice) as well as in allergies and autoimmune reactions.
The determination of the eosinophils in the blood is carried out by examining the differential blood count.
- The differential blood count is either made automatically by the blood count analyzer: automatic differential blood count.
- Or the blood is smeared, colored and counted by hand in the laboratory: manual differential blood count.
The values of the differential blood count consist of two numbers for each cell group (neutrophils, basophils, eosinophils, lymphocytes and monocytes):
- Relative value in percent (%):
- This always relates to the proportion of the corresponding cell group of white blood cells in relation to the total leukocyte count.
- Consequently, the sum of the percentages of the cell groups of the white blood cells must always add up to 100 percent.
- Absolute value in giga per liter:
- The sum of the absolute numbers of the cell groups of the white blood cells must result in the total white blood cell count.
- What is the process of aquaculture
- How do I get an uninterrupted internet connection
- How important are tags on YouTube
- Why is life so important
- Is Sarahah bad or good
- How is parking in Mankato MN
- What is the difference between uberPOOL and uberX
- What is reformative justice
- Will Stratis be the killer of Ethereum
- Will Twitter Ban Trump
- How can I live permanently in Iran
- Any president will always be hated
- What is your personal dental hygiene routine
- Redmi Note 7 Pro is unbeatable
- Why does Google reward memorization
- Are Cancer and Capricorn compatible?
- How can I score in CAT
- Why are groups important to evolution
- How do copyediting and proofreading differ?
- What is system architecture and design
- What are some famous planes
- What is 1 21 2 20 3
- Why does someone behave well or badly
- Can I deduct a student loan interest