What is pidof in Linux
pidof is a program for Linux that outputs the process number (PID, Process ID) of one or more running processes. Among other kernels, pgrep or ps are often used as alternatives.
pidof is usually used as a symbolic link to it killall5 realized, therefore this program also determines the exact properties of pidof (however checks killall5, similar to busybox, for example, with which name it was started and expects via the start name pidof parameters other than the start name killall5 - see also the different man pages at the end of this article). killall5 is for the Linux kernel a replacement for the killall in System V, which is required for a number of runlevel scripts.
It is recommended, pidof always to be called with the full path details of the program to be searched for. Otherwise it can happen that it returns the process numbers of different programs that happen to have the same name.
$ pidof ntpd 3580 3579 $ pidof emacs 22256
Status of information: 11/23/2020 01:01:47 AM CET
Source: Wikipedia (authors [version history]) License: CC-BY-SA-3.0
Changes: All images and most of the design elements associated with them have been removed. Some of the icons have been replaced by FontAwesome icons. Some templates have been removed (such as "Article worth reading", "Excellent article") or rewritten. Most of the CSS classes have been removed or standardized.
Wikipedia-specific links that do not lead to articles or categories (such as "Redlink", "Edit links", "Portal links") have been removed. All external links have an additional FontAwesome icon. In addition to other small design adjustments, media containers, maps, navigation boxes, spoken versions and geo-microformats have been removed.
Important NOTE Since the given content was automatically taken over from Wikipedia at the specified time, manual checking was and is not possible. LinkFang.org therefore does not guarantee the correctness and topicality of the content taken over. If the information is now incorrect or there are errors in the presentation, we ask you to contact us by: E-Mail.
- Why do people throw out AirPods
- What are triathlon bikes
- Which countries are best for a vacation
- Where is the Chevy Cruz made?
- What is the name of the design of buildings
- What's your favorite Stephen King adaptation
- Who first introduced the concept of IQ?
- How do I change a court order?
- Who sang the song Bad Boys in 2009
- Why is continuous integration important
- How good is the iPhone 6s Plus
- You cannot charge non-rechargeable alkaline batteries
- What causes rat seizures
- How do I generate high quality Google reviews
- Have you ever painted a car
- Where is the mall of america
- Are Hall's cough drops gluten-free
- How does Apple's Siri identify songs
- Do you enjoy being a risk manager?
- What is your rating of Vivo S1
- Why doesn't YG dye Jennie's hair
- What is the main purpose of darpa
- How does the spider movement work
- Why did LinkedIn become unpopular